No Match-Day Programmes | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

No Match-Day Programmes

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Argyle haven't published any programmes for tomorrow's game against Bristol City. Our publisher (whose name I've forgotten :oops: ), have agreed to publish 4,000 Le Tesitmonial programmes free of charge but will also not be publishing any programmes for our friendly versus Truro City. Finally, as Argyle can't pay up-front, only 200 programmes will be published for our League Two home matches this season, available only to corporate guests and other VIP guests.

C

Cult Of Personality

You better be joking because seeing as my dad has only 1 missing from his entire life of going to games i could see this as a way he will not go to argyle anymore

it would be the final straw

M

MylesPAFC

I would have thought that once we are taken over that we would be able to purchase programmes, if there is a demand for a product then believe me Ridsdale is going to pounce on the opportunity.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
crickeypafc":7n7efy8h said:
You better be joking because seeing as my dad has only 1 missing from his entire life of going to games i could see this as a way he will not go to argyle anymore

it would be the final straw

I'm only a young fan and went to my first Argyle in 2006 and have every single home programme since, cup games, the lot. But no, I'm not joking. Programmes will either be non-existent or very limited this season.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
MylesPAFC":3j9b6rzo said:
I would have thought that once we are taken over that we would be able to purchase programmes, if there is a demand for a product then believe me Ridsdale is going to pounce on the opportunity.

Basically, I'm unsure of the amount, but until this sum of money is paid, the publishers will be limited the number of programmes produced. If the takeover is complete before the start of the season, and the fee is paid, then yes, I'm sure they'll be programmes. But until then, like I said, there will either be none or very few.

C

Connor Clarke

My pre-match routine will be nothing without a good read of the programme :(

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Connor":i1ml5qyl said:
My pre-match routine will be nothing without a good read of the programme :(

Haha! Well hopefully things will be sorted soon but there's definitely not a programme tomorrow, unless Argyle plan to print the team-lists onto a folded A4 sheet, but certainly not the usual 20-page pre-season programme.

Then, unless we get a move on, we won't be seeing the 70-page match-day programme which most of us know and love. I've heard The Pilgrim releases about 6,000 issues per matchday, so that's £18,000 more we'll lose every home game.

Sort it out board (whoever that may be!)!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Peter Ryan":1v80weo7 said:
There has to be a programme - but PLEASE not the awful production of last year....

I agree, that comic book style programme was a shambles. But like I said, the current is situation is only 200 programmes will be produced - available only to Corporate Guests. However, if we hurry up and get this takeover done, this shouldn't happen.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Having worked for a print works in my time, I know how easy it is for clients to run up big bills
as a consequence of wanting to in some way 'save face'.
Also. last season I only ever read derogatory comments on here about the standard of the programme, so why the complaints now?
Finally, we got into this mess because we were living beyond our means. Perhaps we don't have the cash to pay the printer up front because that money has been directed towards paying the staff 40% of their wages this month (instead of the 5% originally planned). I know where I'd rather see the money go!

A sensible decision in the circumstances.

As a post script, at Sheff Wed 2 seasons ago, there were no programmes on sale the day of the match. I got mine a month later as, although they had been printed, the printers wouldn't hand them over until their bill had been paid.