Newcastle United. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Newcastle United.

Sep 25, 2010
To see NUFC fans, celebrating with a Saudi Arabian flag, doesn’t sit well.

Basically, they are accepting any deal with this country, in order to be the richest club in the world, and win trophies. It just sticks in the throat.
They seen to not care who owns the club, as long as they win trophies. Premier football has gone mad.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
So NuFc has been taken over by a Saudi Arabian backed consortium. The club is backed by people who disrespect women, dismember journalists, and have public executions, and wonder if NUFC supporters would have new owners, at any expense, and don’t care where the money comes from, just to win trophies.

Just a thought, how would you feel is SH sold Argyle to country like Saudi Arabia.
I wouldn’t have anything to do with the club anymore.

Jan 2, 2010
Owners worth just reported as 700 billion, making them the richest owners of any club in any world sport. They can now buy any player, anywhere, anytime at any price. Mouth watering to any Newcastle fan. Would I like it to happen to Argyle? No.
Imagine you are one of the best eleven players in the world, and could walk into any club on a multi million pound contract so it's not about money.

You get a call from your agent - Man United at 2 million a month, or Newcastle at 5 million. Who would you choose?

There is a certain prestige at man U, etc. but Newcastle will never have the same class.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
You get a call from your agent - Man United at 2 million a month, or Newcastle at 5 million. Who would you choose?
I'd tell him to ring a big club like Bayern, Real Madrid, or top of the pile Juve.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Took Man City a while to be considered big enough for top players to sign for them.. hopefully Newcastle will be the same. I hope they fall flat on their faces never been a fan since Quinn battered Rhys Wilmot in 91 n then grabbed a equaliser 3 mins from time on a Wed night at the other St aimless!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Took Man City a while to be considered big enough for top players to sign for them.. hopefully Newcastle will be the same. I hope they fall flat on their faces never been a fan since Quinn battered Rhys Wilmot in 91 n then grabbed a equaliser 3 mins from time on a Wed night at the other St aimless!
Well Staveley, who declared that Newcastle were the best club in the world, was also involved in the Man City takeover. Money can play havoc with your loyalty!

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Your post has reminded me that about twenty years ago I found myself sitting next to Nicky Marker and his wife, and had a great discussion about his career. I reminded him that he’d become a substitute goalkeeper at St James that night, and he said he remained very proud of the fact he kept a clean sheet. However you say Quinn equalised 3 mins from time. Was that the same game I wonder? I’m sure Nicky couldn’t have forgotten he’d let a goal in, and I can’t recall any other season we played up there.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Your post has reminded me that about twenty years ago I found myself sitting next to Nicky Marker and his wife, and had a great discussion about his career. I reminded him that he’d become a substitute goalkeeper at St James that night, and he said he remained very proud of the fact he kept a clean sheet. However you say Quinn equalised 3 mins from time. Was that the same game I wonder? I’m sure Nicky couldn’t have forgotten he’d let a goal in, and I can’t recall any other season we played up there.
Game finished 2 2 Salman n Marshall for Argyle. The Excellent Green on Screen will tell you we played the season before too.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Very easy to get on your moral high horse when it involves such a despicable, vile and murderous regime as the Saudis. But why should sport take the high ground when our Government and big business prosper from dealing with these people.

Back in the 60s it was South Africa and the evil Apartheid regime which meant we couldn't play Rugby or Cricket with them whilst our Government and many British businesses traded freely, making healthy profits.

Since 2015, we have sold more than £5B worth of aircraft and technical support to the Saudis, much of it used to bomb the defenseless Yemeni people.

Buying an English football club is a toys and games vanity project to people with an endless supply of money.

When our Government stands up to these brutal, murderous people, then we can worry about who owns a football club.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Three NUFC jokes from Rick at today's fan fest ...

Halal the lads

Saudi Arabia has a better human rights record than Mike Ashley running Sports Direct

For a country that expects woman to dress appropriately and modestly, they choose Newcastle !

Thanks to Rick

Aug 17, 2005
Both could be correct if he didn't concede any goals whilst he was standing in.