Newcastle United ban gay fan for three seasons | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Newcastle United ban gay fan for three seasons

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
Please lay aside the politics and attitudes to Daily Mail / GB news and concentrate on the ramifications, for any of us, in this startling true story.
I have to say 'true' because it seems unbelievable that a lifelong football fan can be excluded from her team's home matches for THREE SEASONS - simply for believing that sex is binary. Even more disturbing were the lengths the FA's ' secret police' went to get the woman banned, even though the police confirm she has committed no crime.

Will the day come when we can't watch Argyle if we believe that meat eating is ok or we are of one religion or another ? Hopefully the EFL is run in a different way.
Even more weird is that NUFC is Saudi owned and let's just say that SA is not characterised by 'progressive' views and free speech.

Once again I say leave the politics out and focus on whether football fans should ever be excluded for having legal but different opinions to the totalitarians.

Reactions: bodspafc

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
This is close to being political so let’s keep the debate sensible please.

I did see this and it will be interesting to see what happens with the ex argyle fans trust chairman Andy Symons who last night accused an Argyle fan of being a ‘nonce’ because he has a picture of himself and his baby in his profile picture on Twitter. He then doubled down on it after being called out on it.

I’m not sure the club should ban people for views away from the ground like the case above or another argyle fan that has been banned recently. Andy is radically left clearly and Mr Miller who has been banned is on the right. Will be interesting to see if the club are consistent.

RB00194

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 8, 2024
As a gay man, I personally find this absolutely ridiculous. Not only the hypocrisy, the PL allowed a state that would execute me for being gay to buy a football club. But said club and the PL then delve deep on this woman personal life based on her beliefs and released an entire dossier on why she is banned. I find the fact NUFC and the PL can do this more disturbing than her views.

It sets a dangerous precedent. I personally believe free speech should be absolute, until it incites violence. The Wolves Brighton investigation over a few chants is another prime example of nonsensical interference from a company against its customers.

Homophobic chants don't bother me one bit. I find the rainbow laces campaign and rainbow flag waving much more offensive. Football is about your team. Not who each player lays in bed with.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
This is close to being political so let’s keep the debate sensible please.

I did see this and it will be interesting to see what happens with the ex argyle fans trust chairman Andy Symons who last night accused an Argyle fan of being a ‘Removed by Site Admin - Not on this site!!’ because he has a picture of himself and his baby in his profile picture on Twitter. He then doubled down on it after being called out on it.

I’m not sure the club should ban people for views away from the ground like the case above or another argyle fan that has been banned recently. Andy is radically left clearly and Mr Miller who has been banned is on the right. Will be interesting to see if the club are consistent.

I don’t usually like it when people get banned/sacked for things they say on social media, but Andy Symons’ comments yesterday were vile and I don’t want to see him near HP again.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Rishi Sunak has quite publicly said pretty much the same thing so will Southampton be banning him?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Rishi Sunak has quite publicly said pretty much the same thing so will Southampton be banning him?
What did he say mate? You haven’t replied to a post.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
What did he say mate? You haven’t replied to a post.
He said much the same thing that the Newcastle fan said.... there's videos people can easily find on YouTube. 'A man is a man, a woman is a woman... that's common sense'

Reactions: bodspafc and Daz

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
He said much the same thing that the Newcastle fan said.... there's videos people can easily find on YouTube. 'A man is a man, a woman is a woman... that's common sense'
Agreed. How Newcastle can try and be arbiters of this stuff is beyond me.

Reactions: Belfast Green

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Depressing stuff, on every level, how did mankind get to this point? :(

Oh no, hang on, can I use that word anymore? 😱

Ban me Argyle... honestly, you won't even notice I've gone :ROFLMAO:
No, it needs to be "Personkind" now! I gave up on all this when someone told me I was not a female chairman, but had to be a "Chairperson"!

Reactions: X Isle