New Trust statement on PASB | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Trust statement on PASB

T

Tim Chown

See http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2012/10/28/pasb-update.

The Fans' Trust board shares James Brent's vision to create a leading example of supporter involvement in club governance here at Plymouth Argyle.

The proposed Plymouth Argyle Supporters' Board (PASB) represents an opportunity to bring together representatives of all Argyle supporters, be they members of one or more of the many supporter groups, be they season ticket holders or pay-on-the-day, be they locals or exiles, into a group that through periodic meetings with the club board can have oversight of the running of the club and its finances, inform the board, and pose a constructive challenge to the board and the decisions it makes.

The results of the PASB election have now been declared. While we were disappointed with the scale of the problems that arose in the PASB election process and the way they were handled, the Trust, as the largest independent Argyle supporter group, wishes to help ensure the PASB has every chance to be successful and to become an effective governance group, focused on helping make Argyle a better club for all concerned.

The PASB is now able to take control of its own destiny. We thus intend to help ensure we shape the PASB into a body that is open to all supporters, that has a more rigorous and appropriate means to select its members, and that has terms of reference agreed with the club that will allow it to pose meaningful challenges to the club board when necessary.

A number of Trust members have been elected to the PASB, in addition to which the Trust has three supporter group places. The Trust will consult its members at the upcoming AGM on November 24th on how we will fill those places, and we plan to issue a call for interested parties in advance of the AGM. If a PASB meeting is held before that date, the Trust board has agreed that it will nominate its Secretary Linda Fleming, along with board members Tim Chown and Richard Blight, as its supporter group representatives.

Finally, having gained its own experience over the past two years, the Trust is offering the PASB the necessary administrative support to cover the routine tasks of organising meetings, forming agendas, taking minutes and ensuring relevant documentation is handled as required.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Tim,

Thanks to you & your AFT colleagues for considering the issues at hand & putting the above together.

It strikes me both as a considerate set of suggestions & although I'm not sure whether one is required, as something of an olive branch.

I am looking forward to taking the next steps & hope that they are not quite as faltering as the earlier ones.

It does disappoint me a little that there has been no other comment to date, but I'm sure that's symptomatic of wider 'issues'.

Thanks again.