• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

New PASOTI & PAFC Site

Aug 15, 2015
Both absolutely awful. Hideous. Who designed it? Took me a few minutes to even work out where to access information on the main site. And PASOTI just looks like any other spammy/advertising space. So much distraction on any page.

Anny option to revert to the old on PASOTI?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Nope, no option to change back. This is a completely new site rather than a facelift.

Reactions: Adam
Aug 15, 2015
Gosh, ok. All I see everywhere is plastered ads, social media links and distracting pictures of the Green Army. Looks like I landed on some kind of social media agency site.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Sep 15, 2003
Only Ad I can see is the Google one at the bottom of the page.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Sep 15, 2003
And the big one in the top header, but as soon as you scroll down to view messages that one isn't visible.
Sorry yes but that too is a Google generated ad. For example, I currently have an ad for Ray White Real Estate for an auction in Whangarei. I bet you haven’t! :)

The Doctor

Lowey Sponsor
Sep 15, 2003
Sorry yes but that too is a Google generated ad. For example, I currently have an ad for Ray White Real Estate for an auction in Whangarei. I bet you haven’t! :)
No I don't. Weirdly I just have a blank grey space. Result!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Both absolutely awful. Hideous. Who designed it? Took me a few minutes to even work out where to access information on the main site. And PASOTI just looks like any other spammy/advertising space. So much distraction on any page.

Anny option to revert to the old on PASOTI?

That'll be because it's new. Like any other totally new thing, it will be a tad disorientating at first but the new features and ease of use will be second nature in no time and a big improvement over the old site.

And Adam has done a sensational job designing it IMO, would be nice if his hard work was appreciated.

Also there is a dedicated thread on the main forum for all of this, if you have any specific concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenThing
Aug 15, 2015
Yes, sorry I hadn't been on PASOTI in a while and suddenly it was very different. It takes some getting used to with the ads all over the place but maybe I have to get adblocker. Different strokes for different folks, at least most seem happy on the poll.

By main site I was of course referring to pafc.co.uk - which I personally don't think looks good at all.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Some people just can't take change it seems. We knew there'd be a few. Mostly those who think these websites are free.

Aug 15, 2015
Some people just can't take change it seems. We knew there'd be a few. Mostly those who think these websites are free.
I do appreciate that I seem like an insensitive c.... . I apologise. I wasn't trying to be. I'll get used to it. And I understand the need for the adverts completely. It just seems as though it's accounting for more of the page now. That's all. Hence, I will need to look into this adblocker thing or whatever. Apologies again and appreciate the efforts.

Reactions: Andy S

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks for that, we are trying. If we need to whack off some adverts we will. We are at the moment trying to tweak loads of things, so you will have to bear (or is it bare) with us for a couple of weeks. It certainly gets better as muscle memory kicks in. :)