New home shirt announced | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New home shirt announced

Your initial thoughts on the new home shirt?

• I like it

Votes: 208 81.9%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters
C

Cult Of Personality

I'm not saying I don't like the turrets, but the branding here ('Our city, your club') is all about Plymouth.

Similarly, the coverage of the 'Project 35' initiative has so far only focused on child poverty in Plymouth.

Many of us fans and the overwhelming majority of our catchment area are from outside Plymouth. It is that large catchment area that is the basis of Argyle's much vaunted potential.

The city of Plymouth itself is actually quite a small population to draw upon compared to other league clubs (only the 30th largest urban area in the UK, smaller than places like Newport, Preston and Southend.)

The census figures this week show that the South Hams, West Devon and Cornwall have a combined population of about 715k compared to 260k in Plymouth, and they are growing at a much faster rate.

It would be wise for Argyle's branding to put a bit more emphasis on the fact that we are the club for the whole of Devon and Cornwall, not just the city of Plymouth.
Had a Cornish flag on the ginsters red blob for years .

I love the kit. It's about time we did something about our city .

Dec 30, 2020
Had a Cornish flag on the ginsters red blob for years .

I love the kit. It's about time we did something about our city .

I also like the kit. It just struck me that quite a lot of recent Argyle publicity efforts relate to Plymouth when - conservative estimate - about 75% of our potential fanbase doesn't live there.

Nothing against those initiatives (the kit, project 35, the Janner song), which are all great, but it would be good to have some accompanying branding campaigns relating to the rest of Devon and Cornwall too

Reactions: Chip green
Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
I also like the kit. It just struck me that quite a lot of recent Argyle publicity efforts relate to Plymouth when - conservative estimate - about 75% of our potential fanbase doesn't live there.

Nothing against those initiatives (the kit, project 35, the Janner song), which are all great, but it would be good to have some accompanying branding campaigns relating to the rest of Devon and Cornwall too
If we became P.A.A.O.C.A.A.B.O.D.A.E.A.F.C. it could get very repetitive as we would be very dacapo; and we'd be totally cooped; but it all could be viewed as a façade.

(Plymouth and all of Cornwall and a bit of Devon and Exiles Argyle Football Club)

Last edited:

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Yuk, no not for me I’m afraid. I already got some pyjamas for my birthday so I’ll pass. It will probably look ok from a distance. The pattern (and yes, I know what is) really doesn’t do it for me.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Seems like the club can’t do anything wrong, come up with a different design and not the run of the mill (like previous years) and still get slated but that being said we are all different and allowed different views

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Plenty of choice for the fans - 3 different shirts, 3 different tastes of shirts

People will have their individual preferences - but people will still purchase the merchandise with their hard earnt money

The club have done us proud with the 3 shirts that have been released (y)

Reactions: Janner74

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The Home and the Third are a bit meh for me from the photos. The away shirt looks decent. All the hype about the forts/turrets and you can't even see them from the sort of distance other players will be at, let alone the crowd.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Seems like the club can’t do anything wrong, come up with a different design and not the run of the mill (like previous years) and still get slated but that being said we are all different and allowed different views
Thankfully over 80% on here like it. That's all that matters really. They are what they are and they've got to sell. Personally I think they'll be sold out in no time and people will be waiting for the December (?) delivery.

Reactions: Argyleloyal

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Thankfully over 80% on here like it. That's all that matters really. They are what they are and they've got to sell. Personally I think they'll be sold out in no time and people will be waiting for the December (?) delivery.

Most probably depends if there is a agreement in place with Puma to order more if needed

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
If you're not wearing green and black you're not playing football