New home shirt announced | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New home shirt announced

Your initial thoughts on the new home shirt?

• I like it

Votes: 208 81.9%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
First kit has a nice shade of green and loving the very classy patterning that harks back to our original badge of the towers of Plymouth. I might take a while to get used to the white sleeves as it does remind me a bit of Hibs (not that I hold anything against them). Had I been a fan in the '70s then I suppose that would be really pleased.

So amazing to have a team that is working to eradicate poverty through their sponsorhip deal. In this present era of football, that really is something special.

The two away kits are really very good with the second kit having the potential to be a classic.
Screenshot (259).png

Screenshot (260).png

Hibs have got a mess on their shirt, we haven't.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yes I'm 99% sure it's a map of Edinburgh/Leith. Quite like that tbf, but our shirt is better.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2010
Oh dear, I'm very much in the minority hear, but I don't like the home kit. As others have said, it is too Hibs like. More importantly, where is the black, which is essential to traditionalists like myself? Blacks socks a minimum but, unlike many of the other posters, I prefer black shorts.
Agree would look better with white shorts and black socks.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Agree, but black doesn't quite work as well with the current green, so white socks make sense to lighten it all up. Black pops with the below colour scheme.

FVObPygWQAIzbJS

Mar 5, 2022
Western Australia
I'm not trying to have a go at anyone here, but I think the club went down the road of putting the black in the away and third strip. Maybe the away kit will have black shorts. So did it need to be prominent in the home?

Jan 11, 2016
Oh dear, I'm very much in the minority hear, but I don't like the home kit. As others have said, it is too Hibs like. More importantly, where is the black, which is essential to traditionalists like myself? Blacks socks a minimum but, unlike many of the other posters, I prefer black shorts.
I agree. Some visible black is essential. By the way, does the club still have green, black and white as its official colours?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Good point, we haven’t seen the away kit fully modelled.

Dec 30, 2020
I'm not saying I don't like the turrets, but the branding here ('Our city, your club') is all about Plymouth.

Similarly, the coverage of the 'Project 35' initiative has so far only focused on child poverty in Plymouth.

Many of us fans and the overwhelming majority of our catchment area are from outside Plymouth. It is that large catchment area that is the basis of Argyle's much vaunted potential.

The city of Plymouth itself is actually quite a small population to draw upon compared to other league clubs (only the 30th largest urban area in the UK, smaller than places like Newport, Preston and Southend.)

The census figures this week show that the South Hams, West Devon and Cornwall have a combined population of about 715k compared to 260k in Plymouth, and they are all growing at a much faster rate.

It would be wise for Argyle's branding to put a bit more emphasis on the fact that we are the club for the whole of Devon and Cornwall, not just the city of Plymouth.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022
Western Australia
Good point greenpilled, but dosent the club fly a Cornish flag outside the Grandstand? And Project 35 is in partnership with Ginsters who are Cornish, not to mention hopefully Tribute still being on the shorts. The club definitely recognises fans from the West. But we are from Plymouth and have not gone all out and changed our badge just included a bit of the cities history in the kit design, and I like it.