New home shirt announced | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New home shirt announced

Your initial thoughts on the new home shirt?

• I like it

Votes: 208 81.9%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2019
I've never been a fan of too much white in our kits and there's definitely too much in this one for my tastes. Plus it's too much like Hibs.

Still, I'm not overly bothered so long as the team wearing it wins football matches, and the away and third kits more than make up for this one in my eyes.

Reactions: smudja
Oct 31, 2015
Well its the right colour green which is good news but I prefer the away kit tbh.

Will probably get both this season.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
My only reservation with these shirts is that they’re so nice, it seems a shame to only keep for one year and hard for them to become ‘iconic’.

A few clubs are now keeping shirts for two years again (incl Brentford I believe, though they have TV money to compensate), I wonder if that’s a possibility for Argyle. Also means that some people might buy all three shirts if they’re staggered over three years, whereas I’m only realistically going to buy one when they’re all released at the same time.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Classy, in fact I like all three.

Now then, which one to buy…….?

Martshere

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 1, 2020
I like it …when do they go on sale .?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
From the club's article

We will update with the on sale date in the next 24-48 hours.

Prices:
  • Puma Adult Home Shirt £45
  • Puma Adult Ladies Shirt £45
  • Puma Junior Home Shirt £35
  • Puma Home Mini Kit £35
  • Puma Adult Home Shorts £23
  • Puma Junior Home Shorts £20
  • Puma Adult Home Socks £14
  • Puma Junior Home Socks £12

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I really like it, the club have done well this summer, congrats to all for the three shirts.

There's usually merchandise associated with the shirts, such as mugs, key rings etc so they should also sell well.

Jun 27, 2019
My only reservation with these shirts is that they’re so nice, it seems a shame to only keep for one year and hard for them to become ‘iconic’.

A few clubs are now keeping shirts for two years again (incl Brentford I believe, though they have TV money to compensate), I wonder if that’s a possibility for Argyle. Also means that some people might buy all three shirts if they’re staggered over three years, whereas I’m only realistically going to buy one when they’re all released at the same time.
Perhaps they could release a new third kit every year (which let's face it is just a money-making gimmick anyway) but alternate new home and away releases.

I doubt Argyle would go for that, though, because three news kits every summer (six if you count the three GK kits) is a valuable money spinner.

Oct 15, 2017
So Pogles likes it!!

I'm happy to put the green debate to bed now (**) cos this looks to me like a green shirt!!
The white sleeves and shorts definitely help it.
I'm definitely getting the away shirt because I was born and raised as an emerald green baby and it is a nice nod to the historical 90's kit too!
I would happily buy this shirt too, I'll probably see this and the third 'in the flesh' before committing but it is nice to have a real choice! (y)

I'd better report that Mrs Pogle likes all three shirts too! Somebody is getting something right!!

(** Just to clarify, I appreciate that we have been slipping back to greener greens 🥦 for a few seasons now. My real unhappiness was the 'green' (?) of the noughties shirts. Turgid! But I'm happy to put that behind me now!!)

Vamos verdes!!! 🐂 🇪🇸

I like it but I would have liked the socks to have had white tops, a minor point I know but I suppose I am
stuck back in the fifties when the shirts also had white collars.