New away shirt announced | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New away shirt announced

Your initial thoughts on the new away shirt?

• I like it

Votes: 216 78.5%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.1%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Why does the 3rd shirt have turquoise when it could have had the same green as the away shirt? I cant see why we should ever need to wear it anyway.

Possibly Forest Green Rovers away as we did a few seasons ago.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Nice. All three shirts are green, white and black and that's my first and last benchmark of our kits being 'proper'.

The SLITS (still living in the seventies) get their precious emerald green somewhere for a season and that's great too.

In this glorious era of rainbow free kits Argyle have used very creatively the full swatch of green shades to produce the same 'difference' each year that spaffing out all the god awful non Argyle 'united nations of colours' did. We can have new and contrasting kits each year WITHOUT diluting our heritage and identity.

We've had mint green, lime green and now emerald green on the away kit, fantastic. Different, but not alien. They're all still green but they're not our trademark green which rightly remains on the home kit. Well done Argyle.

Will I buy one?, no, at least not right now. I thought that ship had sailed due to the indignity of middle aged spread. But as I slim right down to perfect BMI through this year due to the mother of all diets, who knows what the Christmas sales might bring?
SLITS?? I've said this before but look at the historical kits link and you'll see that 'precious' emerald green was worn from 1949-1999 until we plummeted into darkness.

Our trademark green?? Nonsense, imposed by a marketing ploy, on a whim presumably, cos I can't see the 2000-2009 'green' anywhere else in our history. Hopefully not in our future too.

The last 3 years is closer to our 'trademark' green from 1898-1949, tbh I'm happy with that heritage, I just like the emerald shade which is my right. But the 2000 noughties kit is an 'abomination' (where have I heard that?).
I've now got a shirt (or 3 or 4) that I can buy so I'm happy thanks.

Happy to buy you an away shirt size small X'y if that helps to motivate your weight loss!!
You can wear it to the Morecambe game on 29/12!! ;)

Reactions: ely grap and Biggs
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
As for this green argument...as Pogles said we wore it for 55 years then we went darker. Now we going back to the Green of the Sunday Independent era it seems. I love it!!!!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Why does the 3rd shirt have turquoise when it could have had the same green as the away shirt? I cant see why we should ever need to wear it anyway.
Turquiose? I've read a few posts with people referring to the green of the third shirt as turquoise. I'm not seeing it as turquoise at all (which I think is usually much more blue). I'd say it is more of a mint green. I think the club has consciously decided to use colours across a wider range of greens and not be solely tied into a single dark green shade.

Reactions: Drake

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Has the home shirt been leaked? I love the away kit...the 3rd looks like something off Fifa ( a computer game).

There`s a lot of green & black in the FGR home kit for the 22/23 season.....
This colour thing is quite complex ain't it!?
Everyone knows I'm an emerald argyle green lover but .. that FGR 'green' is hideous almost an abomination!! 😲
;)

(It is 'complex' on my pc screen the green on the FGR header looks totally different to the shade below offering the shirts for sale!! )

• Haha
Reactions: PL2 Pilgrim
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
This colour thing is quite complex ain't it!?
Everyone knows I'm an emerald argyle green lover but .. that FGR 'green' is hideous almost an abomination!! 😲
;)

(It is 'complex' on my pc screen the green on the FGR header looks totally different to the shade below offering the shirts for sale!! )
That isn't green. My eyes have just taken a while to readjust.
Horrible.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
For reasons that I won't go into here I used to use the phrase "never mind the quality as long as it's lime green and purple" to make a point about a misplaced emphasis on appearance over actual quality. It looks like FGR have taken my words as the basis of their marketing style!

Jul 29, 2010
🎣Happy to buy you an away shirt size small X'y if that helps to motivate your weight loss!!
You can wear it to the Morecambe game on 29/12!! ;)
Well remembered Poggles 👏🏻

I shall pass on your kind offer though. I have all the motivation I need. But finally shifting years of 'excess baggage' is one thing... to get into a small I'd have to shift many many bones too 😳

If I had to make a choice I would actually go for the 3rd kit though.

I may well be as chiselled as a racing whippet by then by losing the spare tyre but I still think there's a dignity deficit for old men in diagonal stripes. Also I can see enough of the as yet fully released home kit to know it's 'too Puma' so I wouldn't want to wear it under any circumstances.

By that I mean the fabric pattern. They all come with bleddy logos plastered everywhere these days but there's nothing Argyle about that 'semaphore flag/More 4 ident/Aztec cartography' nonsense.

I don't want to wear their meaningless pattern, universally replicated across other clubs, as corporate as their logo. It should be your clubs shirt first and the manufacturers shirt last.

As for the colour stuff and the SLITS stuff?, as always we disagree. But hey, I reeled one of you in 🎣

Glad it wasn't Nai though... "we're gonna need a bigger boat" :ROFLMAO:

See you after Christmas for the next annual pantomime...

..."Happy New Year"... no it 'kin isn't its still December 31st!!

Last edited:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location

I shall pass on your kind offer though. I have all the motivation I need. But finally shifting years of 'excess baggage' is one thing... to get into a small I'd have to shift many many bones too 😳

I may well be as chiselled as a racing whippet by then by losing the spare tyre but I still think there's a dignity deficit for old men in diagonal stripes. Also I can see enough of the as yet fully released home kit to know it's 'too Puma' so I wouldn't want to wear it under any circumstances.

By that I mean the fabric pattern. They all come with bleddy logos plastered everywhere these days but there's nothing Argyle about that 'semaphore flag/More 4 ident/Aztec cartography' nonsense.

I don't want to wear their meaningless pattern, universally replicated across other clubs, as corporate as their logo. It should be your clubs shirt first and the manufacturers shirt last.

As for the colour stuff and the SLITS stuff?, as always we disagree. But hey, I reeled one if you in 🎣
Very tasty bait as ever X'y, thanks for letting me have a nibble.

Mar 27, 2008

As for the colour stuff and the SLITS stuff?, as always we disagree. But hey, I reeled one of you in 🎣

Glad it wasn't Nai though... "we're gonna need a bigger boat" :ROFLMAO:

See you after Christmas for the next annual pantomime...

..."Happy New Year"... no it 'kin isn't its still December 31st!!
Isn’t the background pattern based on the Plymouth Coat of Arms? If so surely it wouldn’t be replicated across other clubs?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog

I thought the pattern was bespoke to Argyle and a representation of the four towers of the original crest. I'd have thought that would tempt you rather than put you off X Isle!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So when is the home kit being released?