Nelson to Tottenham in a swap deal | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nelson to Tottenham in a swap deal

Apr 22, 2011
Apparently Spurs are lining up a move that would see Nelson go to them in exchange for Button and money that will be paid depending on how many games he plays for Spurs, when he gets his first cap for England. Nelson will then be loaned back for the season to give him time to get a house etc. in London and play games.

B

bizzay1

So why do we have to wait for him to be capped before he is loaned back :?

C

Connor Clarke

bizzay1":tf5vjq92 said:

I think what he means is- We will get extra installments after he gets his first England cap.

But for the first season, he will be loaned back. Interesting Rumour, not sure if 1) Button would join us perm. and 2) If Spurs would let Button go.

C

charlee

Id love to see button down here perm, but just cant see it. Would spurs let him go? i dunno

Best be a sell on clause imagine it now he is sold for 25m to Man U and we get zilch haha.

Apr 22, 2011
Connor":2ikda90o said:
bizzay1":2ikda90o said:

I think what he means is- We will get extra installments after he gets his first England cap.

But for the first season, he will be loaned back. Interesting Rumour, not sure if 1) Button would join us perm. and 2) If Spurs would let Button go.

Yes but Button did enjoy his time here, and realistically he is not going to play for Spurs unless all the keepers get injured (league cup and FA cup games aside) as I cannot see Harry using him over the likes of gomes and cudcini.
Also I believe that Nelson is far more a better prospect for spurs than Button as they could create another Kyle Walker style player

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
Can see Button leaving Spurs as he must be 4-5 choice goalie there,but i dont know about him coming to us. :mrgreen:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
As if Button will go to a League Two side.

He could easily play regular PL football one day, he's not going to hinder his progress by coming here permanently.

M

MylesPAFC

GreenSam":32ha2eem said:

He could easily play regular PL football one day, he's not going to hinder his progress by coming here permanently.

Regular PL football for a goalkeeper is extremely difficulty, not easy. I can't see him being a regular PL goalkeeper in his career.

Do agree with you that it would be a strange move for him to lower himself down to League Two though.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
MylesPAFC":2jq7d8f0 said:
GreenSam":2jq7d8f0 said:

Regular PL football for a goalkeeper is extremely difficulty, not easy. I can't see him being a regular PL goalkeeper in his career.

Do agree with you that it would be a strange move for him to lower himself down to League Two though.
Perhaps there was an element of hyperbole in that statement, but let's just say I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did play regular Premier League football.

He's still very young and I think a lot of Argyle fans didn't realise just how good a keeper we really did have last season.

Mar 23, 2008
Plympton
Button is a very very good goalkeeper, and I think he'd have to be incredibly silly to move down to league 2 permanently as said above because he could have a bright future ahead of him.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
pafc 4eva":35phy1c4 said:
Apparently Spurs are lining up a move that would see Nelson go to them in exchange for Button and money that will be paid depending on how many games he plays for Spurs, when he gets his first cap for England. Nelson will then be loaned back for the season to give him time to get a house etc. in London and play games.

Is this just what you'd like to see or is this actually happening? What do you mean by 'apparently'?
By the way, I'd love to see Button back here, but he's not Premier League quality! :lol:
He's been on loan to 10 different clubs from League One to Conference level. Don't get too ahead of yourself!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Nelson is very good, but his true potential as a CB will not be identified IMHO, until his full height/size can be identified. Wherever you look in the Premiership CB's are big, tall guys. Just look at Jones just signed by MUFC, Samba, Dawson at Spurs, Ferdinand, Cahill, Huth, I could go on for ever. I am not saying Spurs will not be prepared to take a punt, for they have the funds to do so.

Young Nelson will possibly become 6ft 2/3inches and should he do so, I think he will be excellent and will have a Premiership career, as he has a great skill set and attitude.