• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mike Bickle

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
That Torquay game on Boxing Day lives long in the memory.
I played with Mike for City Engineers. He scored a penalty with a Rabona into the top corner.

Sep 12, 2015
Happy Birthday and Happy Memories. Floyd Motors Sunday league Treble .what a team. Tony Cross ,Mike holman , Eric (burty) Tony Lee Alan krack Zico Couch Mike roberts kevin Benny John Higgins sniffer phillips John Beal and others I’ve forgot - Paul Blampey Ray card , Dave Hayden . Oh super sub Ron Benny , Mike n kevin Hobbs. Fantastic times , meet after in the Good Companions, and Masonic inn , for a merry down or two .

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Happy birthday Mike. I was a ballboy at the Devonport End and during the warm up you smacked a thunderbolt right into my mush. Claret everywhere. I know, should have nodded it back...:D

Dec 30, 2011
I remember his 2 goals against Swindon a few days after they'd beaten Arsenal at Wembley in the League Cup. One was an indirect free-kick on the 6 yard line with all the Swindon team on the goal line between the posts.:)

Jul 25, 2006
Leighton Buzzard
Happy birthday to the great man! I've been watching the Greens since I was a toddler in the late 50s/early 60s, but the first game I remember was the Corby Town 6-0 game. I was about 10, and me and my brother stood at the front of the Barn Park (before it was deemed the away end).

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Yep a cracking game the 6 nil v Torquay on Boxing Day. Great free kick from just outside the area into the top corner from Norman Piper. Was in the Demport right behind it, great celebrations against local rivals.
Likewise behind the Devonport goal for a great view of the free kick.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Never met him, never saw him play, never got ‘done’ by him, but worked with his son for a few years and heard some stories.
What a tale his career is, don’t hear things like that nearly enough.

Aug 13, 2009
Remember the Boxing Day game well as it was a great atmosphere and also because it was 6-0! Also the Swindon game with the League cup being paraded around the ground before the match and Mike scoring both in a 2-1 victory

Dec 30, 2010
My Bickle claim to fame is playing postman's knock with his sister at a party. We were 14. I don't play it anymore.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I've posted this before but it bears repeating!
As a fully grown man I was behind Mike Bickle in a queue at Morrisons.
As an adult most of us are fairly self assured and confident. He was my big hero in my early days as an attendee.
So I just said: 'Oh you're Mike Bickle!'. He looked down at himself, looked at me, winked and said: 'Yes I know!'. :LOL:

I felt such a **** afterwards!! Hope he realised how starstruck I was! I used to really love watching him.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I remember watching Mike playing in the dockyard cor/corp cup,when he was a scaffolder,played in midfield,and just oozed class even then,yes ,also one of my favourites.
Remember when Argyle signed him,after scoring for fun in local leagues.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I remember watching Mike playing in the dockyard cor/corp cup,when he was a scaffolder,played in midfield,and just oozed class even then,yes ,also one of my favourites.
Remember when Argyle signed him,after scoring for fun in local leagues.
This is the thing. Players get criticised on here for being 'rubbish'. I played in a park game once with Harry Cripps in midfield (under a pseudonym). He ran the game, juggled the ball, sprayed long passes, little flicks. Total genius! He was a league 'clogger'. Most of these guys can play!

May 20, 2016
Most memoralble game of my young life as a supporter of Argyle, the Boxing day game against Torquay, never forget it, Mike Bickle scoring 4 goals with Norman Piper chipping in with two. Loved those Boxing Day games 6- 0 to Argyle with the smell of cigars filling the air.
And that brilliant Argyle strip with the white shirts and green band around - just like Jerryatricjanner's profile picture.
Happy birthday Sir Mike "Milkman" Bickle
My username might give you some idea of who was my first Argyle idol

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I've posted this before but it bears repeating!
As a fully grown man I was behind Mike Bickle in a queue at Morrisons.
As an adult most of us are fairly self assured and confident. He was my big hero in my early days as an attendee.
So I just said: 'Oh you're Mike Bickle!'. He looked down at himself, looked at me, winked and said: 'Yes I know!'. :LOL:

I felt such a **** afterwards!! Hope he realised how starstruck I was! I used to really love watching him.
I know the feeling Pogles! I said something equally daft to Romain Larrieu, also in Morrison's funnily enough. He looked at me as if I'd just stepped down from my spaceship (I hadn't of course, I'd left it in the car park as any responsible alien would).
Mike Bickle, working class hero to so many of us!!