Mike Bickle | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mike Bickle

Jan 11, 2016
A reminder on GoS that today is Mike Bickle's birthday had me looking again at the highlights of the 6-0 FA Cup 3rd Round match against Corby Town on 22 January 1966. He had some Argyle legends as team mates that day - it was the season that saw him start a career that would give him the same status. Before a big crowd Argyle played in my favourite strip and although Corby were pretty generous with the space they gave Argyle's forwards Mike Bickle's 3 goals displayed his determination, eye for a goal and awareness, a sort of mixture of Tommy Tynan and Mickey Evans. I hope all this talk of picking up a front man before the window closes results in getting someone as good as Mike Bickle.

Mar 21, 2006
Hard as nails.

Happy birthday Bix. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
I remember playing against Bix for Hooe St John when he was playing for (I think) Green Waves. The match was at Macadem Road in Prince Rock. I was centre half and Bix was centre forward. Early on in the game i reminded him of his hat trick in that game and that he was a bit of a Argyle hero of mine. He replied along the lines of - "nice of you to say so bhey but come within a yard of me when the ball's played in and I'll flatten you." 😂

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Happy birthday Bix. The Corby hat trick game was my second year watching Argyle and I remember his 4 goal haul in another 6 nil against Torquay on Boxing day. I remember the same year as Corby we beat Cardiff 7-1, a record win at the time but can't remember how many he scored that day.

Reactions: philevs
Dec 3, 2005
Most memoralble game of my young life as a supporter of Argyle, the Boxing day game against Torquay, never forget it, Mike Bickle scoring 4 goals with Norman Piper chipping in with two. Loved those Boxing Day games 6- 0 to Argyle with the smell of cigars filling the air.
And that brilliant Argyle strip with the white shirts and green band around - just like Jerryatricjanner's profile picture.

Swaz

♣️ PASALB Member
Jan 25, 2011
bishops stortford
Yep a cracking game the 6 nil v Torquay on Boxing Day. Great free kick from just outside the area into the top corner from Norman Piper. Was in the Demport right behind it, great celebrations against local rivals.

Reactions: Teddington Green

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I was at the Dell... stood behind the goal when Bicks made his debut..... With toilet roll in hand.... as in those days it was all the rage to throw toilet rolls onto the pitch. when your team scored...and Yes Mike did score ,but we lost 4-1....there you go...

Dec 9, 2012
Happy birthday Mike Bickle! I remember him delivering milk to my junior school before he went full time.

Very happy memories of the 6-0 v Torquay.

Slightly less happy memories of playing against him at the old Mayflower Centre 5 - a - side on a Saturday evening, when he had been long retired!

Ouch!

Reactions: Asparagus

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah he 'did' me in a five a side game. Dirty, dirty sod. :) Floyd Motors from memory!

Reactions: Asparagus

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Happy birthday Milkman.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
My first ever Argyle hero in our best ever kit.I used to attend the reserve games at Home Park and from memory Mike scored about 8 goals in a 6 game run and his career just went from strength to strength. Happy Birthday Sir and thanks for the memories.