Mid-Table Finish? (And Grandstand Discussion) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mid-Table Finish? (And Grandstand Discussion)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In this context Mr Place, it has nothing to do with the price of eggs.

The fanbase is united in as much most of think the capacity isn't big enough, but to suggest that a fan split, could cause us not to do as well as we could, is totally ridiculous.

As I say, it's obvious that this chap (or one of them) has an agenda (no doubt, via his family) to suggest such a thing.

Some fans, seem to think an internet spat, is important enough to destabalise a club or a season, I suggest most of us, laugh at such a suggestion.

Match attending fans, normal fans, see what is happening, and are buoyed at what they see, not at that rubbish.

E

ElPopey

Not much I could honestly disagree with here! Found the Paris Cowan-Hall bit very funny, Argyle section was good but unsure on the bit anout the fans.

Dec 7, 2006
esmer":129koo0f said:
IJN":129koo0f said:
Bollox Richard, this lot allowed the loons to spout utter rubbish about me, and despite complaints about lies after lies.

Then I find out one of them is the BiL of one of the idiots on the other site.

Hidden agenda? I'm not sure it's that hidden if I'm honest.

I treat anything that lot say with contempt since then.

Yet more propaganda from people with 'politics' on their mind.

Be naive if you want, but don't expect everyone to take it at face value.
I think you missed the word "if" in my post Ian. If season ticket sales and attendances are down there can only be one explanation.
Utter, utter tosh - how about the recession, then? It's certainly buggered up any hope I had of being able to afford to go this season! :roll:

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Agreed IJN, as I said above, the new capacity will not impact upon team performance in 13/14, but I couldn't give a toss that he thinks differently. That doesn't mean he has some kind of malign agenda - he just sees things differently.
I don't even know who has written that, and I really don't care, who cares what his name is, how old he is, who his relatives are etc.

He says the stand is underwhelming, and I agree, but also states that the majority of the fanbase want to press ahead with the development. I'd say that was a quite accurate summary of how the fanbase feels.

R

RWW

We probably all agree that the completed ground won't be big enough so what is the solution?

Easy - fill it every week and make JB watch thousands of fans with £20 in their hands be locked out each week. The extra capacity will soon be forthcoming.

Oct 24, 2010
FordGreen":2766xdq3 said:
esmer":2766xdq3 said:
IJN":2766xdq3 said:
Bollox Richard, this lot allowed the loons to spout utter rubbish about me, and despite complaints about lies after lies.

Then I find out one of them is the BiL of one of the idiots on the other site.

Hidden agenda? I'm not sure it's that hidden if I'm honest.

I treat anything that lot say with contempt since then.

Yet more propaganda from people with 'politics' on their mind.

Be naive if you want, but don't expect everyone to take it at face value.
I think you missed the word "if" in my post Ian. If season ticket sales and attendances are down there can only be one explanation.
Utter, utter tosh - how about the recession, then? It's certainly buggered up any hope I had of being able to afford to go this season! :roll:
Things are no worse than they were this time last year, or for a number of years come to that. Throw in the fact that season tickets are far cheaper than they were last year the economic argument doesn't hold water.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Easy said RWW, looking at the crap crowds we had during years 3, 4 and 5 in the CCC, there's little chance of that.

I'd love to say to JB, look at the money we're losing because of the small capacity, but I think that will never happen.

I wish I was wrong!

Said it before and I'll say it again, pre 2004, I always thought we were a sleeping giant, but some of those gates were terrible when you look back.

It's as if us Janners were fed up with playing the likes of Coventry, Derby and Newcastle.

I think the ground IS too small, but I can't argue with the logic behind building it with that capacity.

It's like making a motorbike that can only go 80MPH, we all want 100MPH, but really, what's the point.

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":2dvhb8fa said:
In this context Mr Place, it has nothing to do with the price of eggs.

The fanbase is united in as much most of think the capacity isn't big enough, but to suggest that a fan split, could cause us not to do as well as we could, is totally ridiculous.

As I say, it's obvious that this chap (or one of them) has an agenda (no doubt, via his family) to suggest such a thing.

Some fans, seem to think an internet spat, is important enough to destabalise a club or a season, I suggest most of us, laugh at such a suggestion.

Match attending fans, normal fans, see what is happening, and are buoyed at what they see, not at that rubbish.
I think for many Ian a big part of supporting Argyle is having a long term vision which is now diminished. As I said time will tell wether it has any effect on season ticket sales.

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":13u0j2s9 said:
Easy said RWW, looking at the crap crowds we had during years 3, 4 and 5 in the CCC, there's little chance of that.

I'd love to say to JB, look at the money we're losing because of the small capacity, but I think that will never happen.

I wish I was wrong!

Said it before and I'll say it again, pre 2004, I always thought we were a sleeping giant, but some of those gates were terrible when you look back.

It's as if us Janners were fed up with playing the likes of Coventry, Derby and Newcastle.

I think the ground IS too small, but I can't argue with the logic behind building it with that capacity.

It's like making a motorbike that can only go 80MPH, we all want 100MPH, but really, what's the point.
Ian, apart from a brief spell under Hollaway we were poor in the Championship, playing dire football fighting relegation and unable to win a home game.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Eh???

My memory must have gone then.

Were years 2 and 3 not good?

Loved the CCC, and always new it was a time to enjoy. At least I got that right.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
The Grandstand threads have dominated this site all summer.

At one point this place descended into outright civil war.

This isn't the Herald and you can't bully bloggers to sweep dissent under the rug because 'negativity....it's not constructive for MY club!'.

Loads of fans don't think a lot for this new stand - that is a fact worth embracing and dealing with.

Given that it is the biggest thing to hit the club for along time, of course it is worth mentioning. I am sure in the past a pre-season preview of Brighton might have included their planning headaches with the Home Secretary - not particularly relevant for the immediate season, but absolutely huge news in determining the future of the club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
ejh":2q8oujfo said:
The Grandstand threads have dominated this site all summer.

At one point this place descended into outright civil war.

This isn't the Herald and you can't bully bloggers to sweep dissent under the rug because 'negativity....it's not constructive for MY club! '.

It's not a question of that Mr H, it's the fact the logic is flawed.

The added piece regarding the stand is surely just one BiL standing for the other's viewpoint, which is surely biased.

The GS was a major debate, but 'fissure' nah, just an internet spat, which some for whatever reason, some people place far too much importance on.

It's on the pitch the pitch that matters, and most I think, are pleased at what they are seeing at hearing.

Apr 1, 2009
RWW":3e0oztxh said:
We probably all agree that the completed ground won't be big enough so what is the solution?

Easy - fill it every week and make JB watch thousands of fans with £20 in their hands be locked out each week. The extra capacity will soon be forthcoming.

Daft comment. If that happened, and it's a big if, what you would see would be a rise in ticket prices.

There are people who won't go due the stand issue - a couple I paid for last season have taken this decision - but I imagine there won't be many.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was ranting about the crap being spouted, and someone said 'Well you know who is BiL is' - and it was as easy as that.

I never had a clue before, always like the blog, but now, after all that sh*te, I don't.

What does it matter? Simple really, if I am plagued with freaks, and then I get hit by yet more crap, and I find this out, it seems to have a recurring ring to it if you see what I mean.

Simply really Mr Place, they never, ever seem to give up.

I got used to it, but now and again, I like to say my bit. There, I feel better now.