Mid-Table Finish? (And Grandstand Discussion) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mid-Table Finish? (And Grandstand Discussion)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
A pretty good review from what I can tell.

Heā€™s probably got us right ā€“ however, although I should know better by now I still have the pre-season optimism to think we could surprise ourselves and do much better than ā€˜middle of the roadā€™. Surprised at what heā€™s written about Southend, also are York really play-off contenders seeing how they imploded in the second half of last season? Also think (and hope) Exeter could be in the brown stuff with a wafer thin squad if their youngsters canā€™t hack it given their disastrous end to last season. Fancy Northampton to be the team to set the pace this year.

Jul 29, 2010
Was all going very well until the grandstand got mentioned, absolutely F**K all to do with next season.

"fissures in the fanbase"?, is there F**K, just a small minority of size obsessive fantasists :facepalm:

To have a pre season review that spends half it's column inches giving air to a minority soapbox over a non-football related matter that won't even open this season is just bollox. Clearly the author is, or is acting as a mouthpiece for, a chippy 'anti'.

Whitewashes over our signings, our unbeaten pre-season and our feelings that a corner has been turned. Utter guff :thumbdown:

Sep 28, 2011
X Isle":1txye7dw said:
Was all going very well until the grandstand got mentioned, absolutely F**K all to do with next season.

"fissures in the fanbase"?, is there F**K, just a small minority of size obsessive fantasists :facepalm:

To have a pre season review that spends half it's column inches giving air to a minority soapbox over a non-football related matter that won't even open this season is just bollox. Clearly the author is, or is acting as a mouthpiece for, a chippy 'anti'.

Whitewashes over our signings, our unbeaten pre-season and our feelings that a corner has been turned. Utter guff :thumbdown:
Flip em x.
We'll be up by April.
Mark my words

Jul 29, 2010
Maybe, I still say top half, top 10, pushing play-offs is more realistic and will still give us nosebleeds.

I just don't see what business it is of anyone to drag it all back to the stupid, navel gazing stadium issues of two to three months ago. SOOO much positivity has flowed since then.

Jul 29, 2010
Yes it does Chris, it has no place in his article.

When did the building of a stand 15-18 months in the future ever have anything to do with the prospects of 11 men on a football pitch over a season?

To give 50% over to negative minority propaganda makes it utter guff as a meaningful article to be taken seriously.

Oct 24, 2010
X Isle":17z6wlnm said:
Yes it does Chris, it has no place in his article.

When did the building of a stand 15-18 months in the future ever have anything to do with the prospects of 11 men on a football pitch over a season?

To give 50% over to negative minority propaganda makes it utter guff as a meaningful article to be taken seriously.
It is a football related matter if it has a negative effect on season ticket sales, and attendances generally, which will impact on our playing budget.

Mar 21, 2013
I'm with X, it's an odd preview, not because it's a different opinion just overly negative & too focused on the stand & not enough about the actual manager/new signings, does sound too much like someone with a chip on their shoulder about the stand, really can't see that impacting on the players one bit in regards to how they perform, in my opinion only.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
kernow19":3gi8f8s9 said:
The Doctor":3gi8f8s9 said:
I agree with Don't_Panic and X Isle - that's a season preview written by someone with a very specific agenda.

:iagree:

Yep I agree too. Very disappointing article.

Oct 24, 2010
The Doctor":ma5krcnv said:
I agree with Don't_Panic and X Isle - that's a season preview written by someone with a very specific agenda.
On the other hand it could be a neutral observer highlighting a genuine issue which could impact on our attendances and playing budget. Time will tell. Given the general optimism generated by Sheridan's appointment and subsequent player recruitment, allied to the cut-price season tickets an increase in our attendances should be expected. The stand issue is the only negative influence I can think of.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bollox Richard, this lot allowed the loons to spout utter rubbish about me, and despite complaints about lies after lies.

Then I find out one of them is the BiL of one of the idiots on the other site.

Hidden agenda? I'm not sure it's that hidden if I'm honest.

I treat anything that lot say with contempt since then.

Yet more propaganda from people with 'politics' on their mind.

Be naive if you want, but don't expect everyone to take it at face value.