• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Michael Parson RIP

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
For those of you who travel to away matches, especially using the supporters club coach, you will be very familiar with Michael. A fixture of the away match, wherever and whenever, despite being severely disabled, he was always there.

Sadly, Michael passed away on Monday, after complications following an operation.

I know a lot of the older supporters will have known Michael a thousand times better than I did but perhaps not too many of them post on here.

Michael's funeral will be at Efford Crematorium, this coming Friday (25th November) at 1:30p.m. His family has asked that - as he lived and breathed Argyle - supporters will be very welcome and please wear their Argyle colours.

RIP Michael.

MODS - could you sticky for a few days please. Thx.

A

Anonymous

Didn't know who it was until I was told the other day, and he's the chap that I've always seen since going to my first away match in 1968.

R.I.P Michael, another green that has died this week.

:sad:

Sep 18, 2009
I lived in the same street as Michael in the 1960s, he loved football and he would always join in with the kickabouts in the street. I remember his mum used to take him to Argyle and he would always be kitted out in his Argyle hat and scarf. He worked a Remploy when he was older.

A few seasons ago when the Mayflower Terrace closed, I moved into the Grandstand and saw Michael again, his disability had got worse and he struggled on two sticks, but he was always there.

RIP

L

LeamingtonGreen

Really sad to hear this. I've known Michael for years and we often shared a quick chat and a moan at games all over the country. I noticed he hasn't been at a few away games lately and wandered where he was. Very sorry to hear this news. Michael...you were Argyle through and through and have given so much to PAFC.

You will be sadly missed.

Jul 1, 2006
When I started to take my Son to Argyle away matches, I would point out Michael, explaining that he was a face I recognised for as long as I could remember! What loyalty he showed over 40 years +!
It's always sad when a fellow pilgrim passes away, but this news is poignant.
I hope S W based fans can turn up in numbers on Friday to give him the send-off he deserves.

I have known Michael for some 25 years, he would never not go to a game.

I always remember his smile when we got promoted to the Championship, Michael lived for days like that.

He was good mates with Noddy, they always sat next to each other on the coach. Michael was also not scared to speak his mind.

RIP Mate, the loyal band of supporters that I first met with In the 80s are slowly falling of the Good ship Mayflower!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
this man is the most loyal fan i have ever known.every match every season home and away. a credit to our great club. any chance we can get the message to the playing staff and wear a black armband on tuesday?

A

Anonymous

king tynan":sxmghlyx said:
this man is the most loyal fan i have ever known.every match every season home and away. a credit to our great club. any chance we can get the message to the playing staff and wear a black armband on tuesday?

The Club are checking with the league on the armbands.

Peter Ridsdale will attend Michaels funeral.

RIP.

A

Anonymous

Michael was the disabled lad that always had two sticks with him.

dunlop

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Nov 17, 2009
Mike always had a smile,a true green supporter.
R.I.P. Mike

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
T.O Support
Oct 31, 2010
I always saw Michael at away games and I sat next to him at WBA a few years ago.

He was Argyle mad and will be sadly missed.

RIP Michael.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Chris Webb":gsit161m said:
king tynan":gsit161m said:

The Club are checking with the league on the armbands.

Peter Ridsdale will attend Michaels funeral.

RIP.
thanks for your post chris

Keepitgreen

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Been on the coach with him and heard him up the ground telling someone that he needed an operation, although that was during the bucket collecting days. Sad that it didn't work out. A true Green. RIP and our thoughts are with his family.