Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I think this is part of your problem. You automatically take the stance that people are looking for an argument when they share their views.

Try opening your mind just a little bit and think that maybe I'm just offering an alternate view. Just because you dont agree with it, it doesn't mean that I'm looking for an argument. Maybe you could that on board as a lesson in life.

Incidentally, Norwich may always be bad in the Premiership but they are not always relegated.
Just six out of ten seasons. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen

Cfc

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 10, 2022
As a huge admirer of his I pray he doesn't go to West Brom as Johnstone's replacement.

His sweeper keeper/ball playing talents will be so wasted under Bruce. That said he'll have a lot of action shot stopping wise.

Reactions: saxman
Jul 28, 2020
As a huge admirer of his I pray he doesn't go to West Brom as Johnstone's replacement.

His sweeper keeper/ball playing talents will be so wasted under Bruce. That said he'll have a lot of action shot stopping wise.
I like the sweeper/ keeper narrative.

There are a lot of similarities between coops and Steve cherry, who was another favourite of mine , in my opinion

Cherry of course played in the premiership ( then division 1) with Notts County, and was involved in that famous incident with John fashanu....

Anybody else remember those perfectly timed runs out of his area,to head the ball into touch ? I almost had to change my underpants a few times 😆😉, but fortunately steve’s Timing was generally spot on.....

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Seen on Twitter a current agent has said, Burnley is considering Cooper to replace Nick Pope

• Haha
Reactions: Superguy

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Not sure they have much money available to spend though, they have to find £60m to pay off a loan upon relegation.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Maybe they are selling their assets to pay the bill

Yep, that’s what I think they are doing. According to Price of Football, I recall it’s written into their accounts that the loan is secured against assets and parachute payments.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Yep, that’s what I think they are doing. According to Price of Football, I recall it’s written into their accounts that the loan is secured against assets and parachute payments.
Found the article on bbc website

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Hmm. I think this is the dilemma for clubs and likely the reason that we haven’t received any bids so far: For clubs like Burnley, Norwich, West Brom etc, they want to get back to the PL ASAP, they have the money to spend on someone like Cooper, but the likelihood is they’ll opt for more experienced Championship players, those clubs aren’t interested in building, they want quick success. And then you have the other, mid table Championship clubs, who are interested in building, but where funds are more stretched (Preston, QPR, Middlesbrough etc), are they going to spend a big chunk of their budget on a goalkeeper? I think Cooper will still be here come the opening day.

Last edited:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
He's probably very happy being number one at a fairly high ranking league one team, why go elsewhere at this moment and lose what is a given here?
There will be a new contract on the table soon and as long as its a hefty hike on his current contract we could see him here for maybe another three years.