• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
From the herald today quoting Dewsnip.

When asked whether there had been any interest in Cooper or bids for him so far this summer, Dewsnip told Plymouth Live: "Nothing at all."

Are you seeing something different to me? Please let me know how you read this because I am really struggling to read it in any other way than 'there has been no interest in Cooper at all'. If he goes in the near future then that is blatantly untrue, isn't it?

I've underlined the bits I'm talking about to make it a bit clearer.
I notice you did not underline 'this summer'. The rumoured approaches about Mike Cooper's availability were last season. I am sure Neil Dewsnip is stating the truth when he refers to the summer.

As others have pointed out the 'merry go round' for goalkeepers has only just started. Most Premiership and Championship teams do not report back to training until around 3rd July so it is far too early to expect any bids from clubs in those two Leagues to fully materialise until a full assessment of each squad is made They have until 1st September to make up their minds.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Sep 2, 2008
I notice you did not underline 'this summer'. The rumoured approaches about Mike Cooper's availability were last season. I am sure Neil Dewsnip is stating the truth when he refers to the summer.
Fair point, however, this thread started from a snippet that was published in May '22 and is naming a particular club. A club that last 'summer' were just about to embark on another season in the Premiership and had no reason to think they were going to be relegated so why would they be looking at a league one keeper that had just signed a long term Contract.

I guess time will tell.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Fair point, however, this thread started from a snippet that was published in May '22 and is naming a particular club. A club that last 'summer' were just about to embark on another season in the Premiership and had no reason to think they were going to be relegated so why would they be looking at a league one keeper that had just signed a long term Contract.

I guess time will tell.
Everyone knew the fate of Norwich City long before May.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth

I guess time will tell.
Had no reason to believe they would be relegated?
Really?
You honestly believe they had no reason to believe they would be relegated haha, you are funny person.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Sep 2, 2008
You're the one who quoted that this thread started only LAST MONTH, May 2022. Norwich were already relegated when that Football Insider article was published.
Dont think you're quite following the conversation I was having with Graham Clark. He was talking about rumoured approaches LAST season and I was making the assumption that those rumoured approaches were from the same club named in the article.

Now, with that information, have a slow read again.

Sep 2, 2008
You're the only one I think who wouldn't think they knew they were relegated before they started
I guess you also thought the same of Watford and Burnley. I guess you also knew that we were going to get relegated at the end of the 18/19 season.

You do realise don't you, that you are saying that you can see into the future. Like I say, you're funny but not in the 'ha ha' sense of the word 🤦‍♂️

Mar 5, 2022
Western Australia
Thirteen pages so far. But be honest, what does everyone on here want, or would like.. sell Mike if we get an offer, and get good money for the club, or hope he stays and have a cracking keeper between the sticks next season?

Sep 2, 2008
Thirteen pages so far. But be honest, what does everyone on here want, or would like.. sell Mike if we get an offer, and get good money for the club, or hope he stays and have a cracking keeper between the sticks next season?
I'm all for selling BPP. There are a load of keepers out there that can do an excellent job for us, Alex Palmer for one.

Footballers are not loyal so why should us fans be.

Reactions: Superguy

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I guess you also thought the same of Watford and Burnley. I guess you also knew that we were going to get relegated at the end of the 18/19 season.

You do realise don't you, that you are saying that you can see into the future. Like I say, you're funny but not in the 'ha ha' sense of the word 🤦‍♂️
Norwich are always bad in the Premier league, I never mentioned anything other than Norwich tbf and you're the one making themselves look a pillock, you're arguing with people just for the sake of it.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

For the money I think we may get, absolutely sell and wish him all the very best.

It could be a club-changing amount, I reckon. And would be fitting for us to put the cash into the infrastructure of the club, particularly the academy (maybe an actual physical academy 😲).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think this is part of your problem. You automatically take the stance that people are looking for an argument when they share their views.

Try opening your mind just a little bit and think that maybe I'm just offering an alternate view. Just because you dont agree with it, it doesn't mean that I'm looking for an argument. Maybe you could that on board as a lesson in life.

Incidentally, Norwich may always be bad in the Premiership but they are not always relegated.

I must admit you've started to get on my nits as well now.

Best take note that a few people are getting fed up with your constant posting in such a manner. ]

It's fine to have alternative views but it's the way you are delivering them which seems to be jarring.

Nice friendly advice and all that.