Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
My then employers sponsored that Cornwall F A Senior Cup Final in Newquay and I was delegated to present the cup and medals at the end of the game. At least it was a nice sunny day. The CCFA Chairman at the time was called Roberts, who was a teacher at Bodmin G S. He was a good footballer himself apparently in his hey day. He told me that when he was doing his National Service in the Army he played in the same regimental team as Bill Nicholson, who was the Manager of the famous Spurs team of the early 1960's who 'did the double'. Thanks for prompting my memory.
It was a hot day. We shared a dressing room with St Blazey and both teams had identical black and green stripes. I still have the recording, now on dvd with a young Martyn in the dressing room. Yes, I remember the name Roberts and John Ryder was the secretary whose son you would know of course as a prolific county and Newquay scorer.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It was a hot day. We shared a dressing room with St Blazey and both teams had identical black and green stripes. I still have the recording, now on dvd with a young Martyn in the dressing room. Yes, I remember the name Roberts and John Ryder was the secretary whose son you would know of course as a prolific county and Newquay scorer.
Yes, John Ryder created a niche position for himself over decades as Hon Treasurer of CCFA and was the county's representative on the full FA Council. His son Phil Ryder passed away in the last 2/3 years with a sudden heart attack, I do believe. He was a real 'jack the lad' character.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Southampton interested in Bazanu in a deal worth up to £10m. As Cooper was L1 keeper of the year, he surely must be worth more.

Maybe so but Cooper plays for League One Argyle, where has Bazzanu is contracted to Premier League Champions Man City so that’s why they’ve probably put a £10m bid in for Bazzanu

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Maybe so but Cooper plays for League One Argyle, where has Bazzanu is contracted to Premier League Champions Man City so that’s why they’ve probably put a £10m bid in for Bazzanu
And there was me thinking Danny Cowley would raid the Pompous money tree & try & buy the greatest goalie in League 1 according to what came out of his mouth last season :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nov 18, 2011
Bazunu has 10 caps for Ireland and hence experience of playing international football, that'll inflate his value.

I could see City taking the £10 million but inserting a buy back clause.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Being two years younger than Cooper and with 10 international caps already Bazanu should probably have a higher valuation than Cooper. The fact that Cooper has won a few League 1 and EFL awards recently though should mean he isn't too far off that sort of valuation.

Oct 5, 2013
Rumours hey, keeps everyone on their toes, but it's highly unlikely anything will happen yet as the players are on a break.
Cooper to Norwich though?
I think as they are a yo yo championship/premier league team they would be looking at better keeper's with more experience than our keeper.
Cooper to Argyle fans is the best keeper in the land, in real life he's just a good league one player.
If he moves on then I expect a mid table championship club to come in for him like Middlesbrough for example
For myself I can’t see in what way Pickford is better than Coops, so find your estimate of his ability way off the mark!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
For myself I can’t see in what way Pickford is better than Coops, so find your estimate of his ability way off the mark!
I dont actually rate him that much, hes a league one keeper thats his standard

Reactions: Superguy

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I dont actually rate him that much, hes a league one keeper thats his standard

Cooper?

All about opinions, but you are wrong. 22-year-old keepers don't get named in League One (or any division) Team of the Season and stay in the same league for long.

• Haha
Reactions: Superguy