Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I agree with Lundan Cabbie, Cooper would be wasted at Palace, he needs a far bigger club.

Kevin Miller goalkeeper (who played for Falmouth, Newquay, Exeter City1990) moved to Crystal Palace in the premiership in mid 1990s for a figure of £1.5 million.from Watford. Previously played for Birmingham City . Some will recall.
Therefore, it shows that Premiership scouts know what they are looking for.

When he moved to Crystal Palace he was the 5th most expensive goalkeeper and on standby foe the England B team.

Just thought I would share share this info.
I remember seeing Miller play in those days in the Combination league and then for Newquay who had a great team at the time. West Cornwall produced 3 very good keepers at that time in Miller, Nigel Martyn and Garry Penhaligan who didn't quite make it in the professional ranks with just a solitary appearance for Argyle.
I remember seeing Martyn play in the Senior Cup final at Newquay as a 17 year old, the day my team won the Junior cup immediately before. I think Martyn was also goalkeeper for Heavy Transport in the Junior final the previous season.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We have a lot of experts on here all because they watch games, just not good enough to have ever been a player or manager themselves.........

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
We have a lot of experts on here all because they watch games, just not good enough to have ever been a player or manager themselves.........
Isn't that what this site is all about? It's fans giving their underqualified opinions isn't it? If it was only for the professionals or former professionals Pasoti wouldn't exist, it would be lucky to have half a dozen members.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
That’s the unknown of course and his contract is up this Summer. But even then it’s most likely they would give Gunn first dibs. Does an understudy role in the Championship help Cooper’s development? Not sure about that.
I’ve seen Angus Gunn - Michael Cooper is a better keeper imo.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
You sure you're qualified to comment Janner?? ;)

Isn't he Norwich's Blair Sturrock?

From what I’ve seen he’s more like Norwich’s Antony Pulis. At least Blair could play at least a little bit imo, can’t say the same about Pulis Jnr.

Aug 5, 2016
Kevin Miller goalkeeper (who played for Falmouth, Newquay, Exeter City1990) moved to Crystal Palace in the premiership in mid 1990s for a figure of £1.5 million.from Watford. Previously played for Birmingham City . Some will recall.
Therefore, it shows that Premiership scouts know what they are looking for.

When he moved to Crystal Palace he was the 5th most expensive goalkeeper and on standby foe the England B team.

Just thought I would share share this info.
Nigel Martyn - started playing professional football on recommendation from the Bristol Rovers tea lady. She saw him playing for St Blazey while on holiday in Cornwall and thought he looked handy.
Retired with 23 England caps.

By comparison Mike Cooper is 22 and just been voted League One team of the season.

Cooper has no reason to have any self doubt whatsoever. Scouts all through the Premier League will have files on him an inch thick already.

Last edited:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I agree with Lundan Cabbie, Cooper would be wasted at Palace, he needs a far bigger club.
I don’t think anyone suggested he should go to Palace. He is better than our number three though. Remi Mattews has looked a nightmare whenever he has played and that has only been with the under 23s. Don’t forget though, Palace are still in administration recovery. 😉

Jan 6, 2004
If Cooper isn’t good enough for the prem now - can you make me say 14 goalkeepers in the prem who are better than Michael Cooper. I can’t.
I think it is more a question of experience than being good enough. I would say he needs to play championship football before stepping up to the premier league. He needs to experience opposition and defenders who think and act faster than most players at league one level. From an Argyle point of view a big money move now to a top Premier League team who send him out on loan or a permanent move to championship club with a hefty sell on clause.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I remember seeing Miller play in those days in the Combination league and then for Newquay who had a great team at the time. West Cornwall produced 3 very good keepers at that time in Miller, Nigel Martyn and Garry Penhaligan who didn't quite make it in the professional ranks with just a solitary appearance for Argyle.
I remember seeing Martyn play in the Senior Cup final at Newquay as a 17 year old, the day my team won the Junior cup immediately before. I think Martyn was also goalkeeper for Heavy Transport in the Junior final the previous season.
My then employers sponsored that Cornwall F A Senior Cup Final in Newquay and I was delegated to present the cup and medals at the end of the game. At least it was a nice sunny day. The CCFA Chairman at the time was called Roberts, who was a teacher at Bodmin G S. He was a good footballer himself apparently in his hey day. He told me that when he was doing his National Service in the Army he played in the same regimental team as Bill Nicholson, who was the Manager of the famous Spurs team of the early 1960's who 'did the double'. Thanks for prompting my memory.