Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Thought much the same. In the previous game, Ramsdale almost cost a goal from a clearance and his distribution was poor with a couple of kicks straight into touch. Cooper could be a genuine England prospect but probably needs to grow about three inches first.
Or maybe he needs to shrink by 3cm because according to Mr Google; Cooper is 188cm tall & Shilton is 185cm.

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Seeing Ramsdale tonight I reckon Michael Cooper wouldn’t have let in 4 goals from those shots. The second Hungary goal in particular was hit dead centre at the goal and if positioned properly should have been perfectly saveable.
Totally agree. Look carefully and you will see that Ramsdale often closes his eyes just before the ball is hit; goal number 4 yesterday clearly illustrates this point. I would much rather have Cooper in goal for Argyle (or England) than Ramsdale.

• Haha
Reactions: Superguy
Mar 16, 2009
London
Totally agree. Look carefully and you will see that Ramsdale often closes his eyes just before the ball is hit; goal number 4 yesterday clearly illustrates this point. I would much rather have Cooper in goal for Argyle (or England) than Ramsdale.

Ramsdale’s been a revelation at Arsenal this season, both in the dressing room and on the pitch, where he’s been consistently superb. It’s not some random accident that he’s closed the gap significantly on Pickford in his journey
to become England’s no.1.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Ramsdale’s been a revelation at Arsenal this season, both in the dressing room and on the pitch, where he’s been consistently superb. It’s not some random accident that he’s closed the gap significantly on Pickford in his journey
to become England’s no.1.
Correct, first you have to earn the big move to a top club then you have to prove you can compete at that level. Ramsdale did both very quickly at a very young age. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Cooper. As good as he appears to be he still has to do both.

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
Correct, first you have to earn the big move to a top club then you have to prove you can compete at that level. Ramsdale did both very quickly at a very young age. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Cooper. As good as he appears to be he still has to do both.
Cooper only really had one season where he’s been excellent, the first was a write off not because of him but because well the team didn’t know how to defend, in many ways keeping him could providing he does the same next season, mean more income.

Jun 24, 2008

I find it interesting that Southampton have just paid 12 million for Gavin Bazunu. A goalkeeper from Manchester City who has just spent the last 2 seasons at Rochdale and Portsmouth on loan here in League One. He's 20 years old.

With everyone talking of Cooper being future premier league quality and season awards suggesting Cooper had a better season than Bazunu, I wonder if Southampton looked at Coops, and what this means with regards to the fee we can command for Cooper. Perhaps Cooper was not the best goalkeeper in League One?

Reactions: semper crudus

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth

I find it interesting that Southampton have just paid 12 million for Gavin Bazunu. A goalkeeper from Manchester City who has just spent the last 2 seasons at Rochdale and Portsmouth on loan here in League One. He's 20 years old.

With everyone talking of Cooper being future premier league quality and season awards suggesting Cooper had a better season than Bazunu, I wonder if Southampton looked at Coops, and what this means with regards to the fee we can command for Cooper. Perhaps Cooper was not the best goalkeeper in League One?
Its all down to how other perceive things isn't it?
Green tinted fans will say that Cooper is Premier League quality because he was good in one game against Chelsea, the less green tinted would say he was good in that game but it doesn't make him a superstar now in possibly in the future.
No one knows what he is worth but if we had guessing games over it I would hazard a guess more at £3m with add on's, he's good but as of yet not tasted higher quality football on a regular basis.
Maybe a loan to a Championship side for a season would show us if he has it in him?

Reactions: Superguy

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Surley the thread no longer should read ‘to Norwich’?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Green tinted fans will say that Cooper is Premier League quality because he was good in one game against Chelsea, the less green tinted would say he was good in that game but it doesn't make him a superstar now in possibly in the future.
No one knows what he is worth but if we had guessing games over it I would hazard a guess more at £3m with add on's, he's good but as of yet not tasted higher quality football on a regular basis.
Maybe a loan to a Championship side for a season would show us if he has it in him?
Now you're on a wind up :D

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
If Cooper was Irish, would he now be an international player?

In the small number of games I have seen him play Bazuna would have made me feel very nervous if I was supporting his team. He seemed to be an accident waiting to happen with his desire to be involved in the game.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

In the small number of games I have seen him play Bazuna would have made me feel very nervous if I was supporting his team. He seemed to be an accident waiting to happen with his desire to be involved in the game.

I’ve watched Bazuna many times - for me Michael Cooper is a much better keeper imo.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

I don’t know why you keep saying people think MC is Premier League quality because of how he played against Chelsea. He’s ‘potentially’ a Premier League and England keeper because of much more than that.

And try tripling the 3m or doubling at least, though you could be right next summer if he’s only got one year left on his contract.

Sep 18, 2010

No.