Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
BUT BUT BUT Cooper is England material so surely he is £20 million now ;)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Burnley are still looking for a keeper.
From today's Sun ...

"Burnley missed out on a deal for Austrian international keeper Peter Pentz because he does not qualify for a work permit under new rules."

Aug 29, 2008
Burnley are still looking for a keeper.
From today's Sun ...

"Burnley missed out on a deal for Austrian international keeper Peter Pentz because he does not qualify for a work permit under new rules."
I assume they mean Patrick Pentz! Close enough for a Sun journalist. It would suggest Burnley are looking for extensive experience rather than a lower league up-and-comer then.

For what it’s worth, I think Cooper is staying for one more year. 🤞

Reactions: saxman and Ponty

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I hope so as it would take a significant striker to make up for his departure. I do have a nagging worry that possibly a deal is done for him but it isn't to be announced until we have almost exhausted season ticket sales. Nothing more than a cynical Sunday morning for me all being well though.

• Haha
Reactions: Argyleloyal

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I assume they mean Patrick Pentz! Close enough for a Sun journalist. It would suggest Burnley are looking for extensive experience rather than a lower league up-and-comer then.

For what it’s worth, I think Cooper is staying for one more year. 🤞
I agree, I think he will start the season with us

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Clubs will have a value on cooper, we will have ours.

There’s only one that really matters.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
To a club that paid twice over the odds to take Chris Wood from them. I agree that Cooper cannot be valued yet on a par with Pope but with 7 years age advantage and more time left on his contract we are in a fairly strong position to secure a good price. Despite that I cannot see how we can demand 10 million for him or much more than 5 million plus add ons. As good a prospect as he is the gamble is loaded on the buying club I think. If they can improve him further and turn him into the finished article they will benefit from a good sell on fee as will we with a percentage of the profit.
Newcastle paid five time the remaining value of Chris Wood's contract at Burnley. If you equate that to Michael Cooper, it comes out at a million quid.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
I hope so as it would take a significant striker to make up for his departure. I do have a nagging worry that possibly a deal is done for him but it isn't to be announced until we have almost exhausted season ticket sales. Nothing more than a cynical Sunday morning for me all being well though.
Sorry Jerry, but I can't see a club obtaining Coops's signature, delaying an announcement so that his former club can sell more season tickets. Wouldn't they want him to be involved in their pre-season?

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If a deal is going to happen they probably both matter 👀🤷‍♂️
I guess the deal will only happen If the buying club make an offer equal to what the club will value the player at.

Why would we sell on the cheap?

If we value Cooper at £7 million and another club value him at £4 million then our £7 million figure matters, theirs not so much resulting in the £4million bid being hastily declined.

For once, this club is in a very fortunate position of only selling on our terms. No longer are we bent out of position from being financially vulnerable.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
I guess the deal will only happen If the buying club make an offer equal to what the club will value the player at.

Why would we sell on the cheap?

If we value Cooper at £7 million and another club value him at £4 million then our £7 million figure matters, theirs not so much resulting in the £4million bid being hastily declined.

For once, this club is in a very fortunate position of only selling on our terms. No longer are we bent out of position from being financially vulnerable.
And, most importantly, it depends on what Michael wants to do.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
And, most importantly, it depends on what Michael wants to do.
Ohhh I wouldn’t say most importantly.

I guess he would love to make the step up for both financial and career reasons but again he’s under contract and I wouldn’t think Cooper is the knobhead type that forces a move.

It’ll play a part defiantly but I wouldn’t say it the most important factor.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
Ohhh I wouldn’t say most importantly.

I guess he would love to make the step up for both financial and career reasons but again he’s under contract and I wouldn’t think Cooper is the knobhead type that forces a move.

It’ll play a part defiantly but I wouldn’t say it the most important factor.
I don't think that we are a "knobhead type" club either. If any player under contract comes to the club and says, "My agent has told me that club A are offering £Xs for me. I really want to go to and play for club A, and I think £Xs is fair. Please let me go." Are we the sort of club to say, "No, you are staying with us, end of" ?

Reactions: bd1981