Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah I'm pretty sure none of my friends earn £100k+... unless teachers, postmen and NHS staff have got a serious pay rise.

And it's nice to think someone would be happy earning £2k a week and wouldn't think he needs £20k instead, but I'm not sure that would have happened very often in human history.. let alone football history 😂

Sep 2, 2008
He's probably worth more, but I just don't think anybody is going to pay it, and then the club have to balance out whether we benefit more from keeping him or from taking what we can get.
If anything, I reckon we’d be lucky to get £1m.

He is a run of the mill league one keeper, no international appearances at any level or for any Country, not a big talker and not that commanding in his area.

He is comfortable with the ball at his feet and he gives off an air of composure although this doesn’t feel natural to me at the moment. He is young and still has scope to develop but he is not a stand out keeper and so imo figures upward of £1m really are wishful thinking.

Alex Palmer has far more appeal and I don’t see anyone talking about multi million pound transfer fees for him.

I understand that as Argyle fans we would love one of our own to go for mega big bucks but some really need to take the tinted specs off and get real.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
You can't say he's worth more than anyone's prepared to pay! His current value is what someone is prepared to pay now, even if his potential future value is much higher. If Argyle don't agree with any bids there might be this summer, then they hang on until a buyer values him at an acceptable level.
We mustn`t forget that there is a difference between the value of something and the price of something, rarely the same.

Sep 18, 2010

He is a run of the mill league one keeper, no international appearances at any level or for any Country, not a big talker and not that commanding in his area.

He is comfortable with the ball at his feet and he gives off an air of composure although this doesn’t feel natural to me at the moment. He is young and still has scope to develop but he is not a stand out keeper and so imo figures upward of £1m really are wishful thinking.

Alex Palmer has far more appeal and I don’t see anyone talking about multi million pound transfer fees for him.

I understand that as Argyle fans we would love one of our own to go for mega big bucks but some really need to take the tinted specs off and get real.
Agree.

Jul 12, 2016

”Run of the mill league 1 keeper”! He’s just been voted the best.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Wow, this site has produced some beauties over time, Osvaldo Lopes will be our saviour was the claim of one well informed poster, but the description of Michael Cooper as an average league One goalie, is without doubt the biggest pile of turd i've read on here ever.
Now i'm not one for going overboard and rainbow chasing, but if you watched anything of the last 18 months and think "he's average" i'd ask for a refund or demand a seat that faces the pitch.
Not only is he the best in the division (as voted for by his peers) at 23 and rapidly improving, with goalkeepers often described at peaking far later than outfield players he will have many many suitor far higher up the food chain than us. His distribution and comfort on the ball, will be a key element for many, let alone his fantastic ability and reactions. As for not commanding his box, every keeper in the land will occasionally get crosses wrong or not dominate the way they should, but i saw little evidence in a 50+ game season of him being weak in any department.
I hope he stays - i really do, but i cant see it, someone will take a chance even if we demanded £5 million.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth

I think Cooper is significantly better than Palmer, and I’m definitely not one of those people to rave about one of our own simply because they’re one of our own.

His shot stopping is far better, his footwork is better, his distribution is better, the only area in which Palmer comes out on top is collecting crosses/set pieces, and even then, Cooper definitely isn’t bad.

Reactions: saxman
Sep 6, 2006
I think Cooper is significantly better than Palmer, and I’m definitely not one of those people to rave about one of our own simply because they’re one of our own.

His shot stopping is far better, his footwork is better, his distribution is better, the only area in which Palmer comes out on top is collecting crosses/set pieces, and even then, Cooper definitely isn’t bad.
So did you think Palmer was not a good shot stopper? And what's all this about 'footwork'?!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth

Geez, you're starting to make me look like a good pasoti poster with stuff you come out with.

Do you need added tripe to keep you going?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

michael-jordan-lol.gif

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth

I think you are on a wind up.

We've had 'em before and we'll have 'em again...

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Earning £104k (gross) is great for 15-20 years but it’s not as much people think. Cooper strikes me as an intelligent bloke so I’m sure he will have made some investments to support him in retirement.

I’d accept anything in the £5 mil region. We would be right in the mix again if even half that sum was reinvested back into the playing squad.