Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

Sep 2, 2008
If Cooper was Irish, would he now be an international player?

In the small number of games I have seen him play Bazuna would have made me feel very nervous if I was supporting his team. He seemed to be an accident waiting to happen with his desire to be involved in the game
If Cooper was Irish, would he now be an international player?

In the small number of games I have seen him play Bazuna would have made me feel very nervous if I was supporting his team. He seemed to be an accident waiting to happen with his desire to be involved in the game.
Just for clarity Doc, I was liking the second part of your post.

To answer your actual question…that’s null poin from me.

Jul 12, 2016
Its all down to how other perceive things isn't it?
Green tinted fans will say that Cooper is Premier League quality because he was good in one game against Chelsea, the less green tinted would say he was good in that game but it doesn't make him a superstar now in possibly in the future.
No one knows what he is worth but if we had guessing games over it I would hazard a guess more at £3m with add on's, he's good but as of yet not tasted higher quality football on a regular basis.
Maybe a loan to a Championship side for a season would show us if he has it in him?
How you can say he was only good in one game? He won us a lot of points last season and his distribution was mainly excellent.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
How you can say he was only good in one game? He won us a lot of points last season and his distribution was mainly excellent.
Good again one Premier league team

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Top man Mr Cooper, had a nice chat with him tonight at the DJM awards and my son was over the moon to be presented his award from Mike.
Don't think he will be off just yet.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Top man Mr Cooper, had a nice chat with him tonight at the DJM awards and my son was over the moon to be presented his award from Mike.
Good

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth

I find it interesting that Southampton have just paid 12 million for Gavin Bazunu. A goalkeeper from Manchester City who has just spent the last 2 seasons at Rochdale and Portsmouth on loan here in League One. He's 20 years old.

With everyone talking of Cooper being future premier league quality and season awards suggesting Cooper had a better season than Bazunu, I wonder if Southampton looked at Coops, and what this means with regards to the fee we can command for Cooper. Perhaps Cooper was not the best goalkeeper in League One?

Perhaps we wanted an unrealistic sum.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Maybe it's untrue

Reactions: Paul H
Jan 6, 2004
I am not sure it is great news if Cooper is not moving on. I mean he is brilliant and on one level would love to see him stay on. But £10m could pay the wages and fees for an entire promotion winning team including a decent keeper at this level.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I am not sure it is great news if Cooper is not moving on. I mean he is brilliant and on one level would love to see him stay on. But £10m could pay the wages and fees for an entire promotion winning team including a decent keeper at this level.
As stated before, there is no way we would knock back £10m for any player.
If someone came in with that kind of money for any player of ours as a league one club I would like to think the club would be all over that and pretty much for your reasons take the money and pack that player on their way with a well done and good luck.

Reactions: Big Poppa Pump
Sep 2, 2008
I dont think he will be off for a long time...if at all.

I can see him being one of our longest serving players and developing as we progress up the leagues.