• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Messi agrees new deal at Barcelona.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I know the Messi v Ronaldo discussion will never end.

But at least Ronaldo can say he tested himself in the Premier League. Messi taking the easy way out by joining PSG and Ligue 1.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I know the Messi v Ronaldo discussion will never end.

But at least Ronaldo can say he tested himself in the Premier League. Messi taking the easy way out by joining PSG and Ligue 1.
I think that would be a fairer point if Messi hadn't proven himself countless times against Real and other (of the few) top clubs in La Liga and against all the best teams in Europe in the Champions League, often running rings around many of the world's best defenders and goalkeepers.

I genuinely don't know the answer to this, but would a move to Man City (the only feasible candidates) have been impossible anyway, thanks to the Premier League's own FFP rules?

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam
May 16, 2016
Now his tears have dried, I wonder if he'll spare a moment or two to think of the 10 players PSG have had to offload to bring him in.

Possibly not.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Agreed - terrific heartfelt article.

As for the Ronaldo v Messi debate. Both have ludicrous stats and both are obviously brilliant but for me Ronaldo lacks something Messi has in abundance ....... at the risk of sounding cheesy .....it's 'beauty'. Messi was/ is a beautiful player - no other word really fits. Ronaldo is his equal in the 'wow' factor but Messi is so much more pleasing on the eye in everything he does. Pele called it the 'beautiful game' but for all his brilliance for me Ronaldo just doesn't fit that description - whereas Messi takes it to a level even Pele couldn't have imagined.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Ah the Ronaldo v Messi debate. :)
Such a difficult call isn't it to put one above the other. I guess in some ways it's in the eye of the beholder. Messi can do amazing things that Ronaldo would not quite match and vice versa with Ronaldo over Messi.

Also, I suppose there is the unconcious bias towards whether one prefers Real or Barcelona.

I veer to the Real side, however I would have to put both players joint top. Cannot split them at all.

If push came to shove however, and I had a gun pointed to my head for an answer, Ronaldo has won multiple titles in three major European leagues.

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Via the BBC.

Barcelona still owe their former Argentina striker Lionel Messi €39m (£33m) as part of a loyalty bonus included in the 34-year-old Paris St-Germain player's final contract. (El Espanol, via 90min)

The Messi bonus. 33M loyalty bonus on top of a Club crippling salary? Tell me there's nothing wrong with football these days.

Reactions: Tugboat