Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
He has a verbally agreed a new 5 year deal with a pay cut off 50%,its likely that Messi will play the next two years but it's a longer deal so that he stays linked to the club as an ambassador. But the talk is he might go to MLS after two years while still being paid by the club.

Due to La Liga regulations, they haven’t been able to register him yet because La Liga have got very strict financial control rules, where you cannot register new players until they ha e met the guidelines and freed up some salary

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Despite verbally agreeing to renew his contract, he will not be staying with Barcelona because of financial and structural obstacles

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton

There's something seriously wrong when even at that level, a 50% reduction in salary still goes outside of the financial rules.
It's because other players like Umtiti, Busquets, Dembele and Griezmann refused to take any form of pay cut whatsoever.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I wonder how Harry Kane is feeling this morning? All his shenanigans this week to try and force Spurs to sell him to Man City, then hears that Messi has left the Nou Camp.

Not that I believe Messi will end up at City: PSG is a more likely destination IMHO. But then I think City's interest in Kane has cooled in recent weeks, especially as they're having to fend off continuing investigations by the Premier League into their finances.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

There's something seriously wrong when even at that level, a 50% reduction in salary still goes outside of the financial rules.

They was relying on shifting a few players out to free up some wages but they wasn’t able to

May 16, 2016
It's about time Barcelona had to come into the real world.
Having to offload players and ask for pay cuts so they can offer a 34 year old a 5 year deal at 50% of his previous wages shows how far from reality they've become.

Even when it is one of the absolute 1 Club legends of world football.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
If Messi loves Barca so much, play for free. He must have literally millions and millions in the bank and still tons of advertising deals. Rumor is he's off to PSG, how utterly uninspiring.

Jan 27, 2012
How much money does one person need ? What exactly is he going to do with all this extra cash once he's got it ?

I'm sure if Messi were lower his wages even more to fit into Barcelona's wage structure then he'd probably still earn more in a week that most of would in a lifetime.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
According to Sky Sports PSG is closing in on a deal with him, he’s expected to sign a two year deal with a option of a further year. He will be earning £25 million after tax each year.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Disgusting

how much money does one man need ffs

I’d be more inclined to help out the club that had financed his 21 year career

Very poor from Messi

Sep 2, 2008
Disgusting

how much money does one man need ffs

I’d be more inclined to help out the club that had financed his 21 year career

Very poor from Messi
You sound surprised. He is just doing what every other footballer does. We all know that footballers have no loyalty. It’s all about the money.

It looks like Kane is doing the same. He’ll make out of course that he wants to win trophies etc but he’s only saying that so people don’t consider him a greedy so and so.

Jerry Maguire nails it…‘it’s all about the money!’

I have three acquaintances who have become absolutely stinking rich. All financial traders. Despite being different types, they all followed a pattern as their wealth increased, of losing touch with the reality of money as you and I would measure it. I’m sure many footballers on, say, £10 million a year over 5-10 years ultimately fall into the same pattern of regarding huge salaries as the norm. Nice to see that Marcus Rashford has defied the trend, and gives so much to good causes.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum