McFadzean gone (Page 15) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

McFadzean gone (Page 15)

Jun 27, 2019
Disappointing. The geography curse strikes again.

It might just be the loss of one player, but it's knockbacks like this and Sarce that'll plant a seed of doubt in RL's mind about staying with us long-term.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":68m9yzh5 said:
i wish him well apart from if he plays against us.anyone know what club he is joining please?

The rumour was Donny but not confirmed

WoodsyGreen":2dxfsjm3 said:

It might just be the loss of one player, but it's knockbacks like this and Sarce that'll plant a seed of doubt in RL's mind about staying with us long-term.

Iā€™m not so pessimistic Woodsy. If you trawl through most fans websites there are regularly players at all clubs who feel they are in the wrong place at that stage in their career, and so move on. RL will be aware of this. Hasnā€™t stopped Hull, Norwich, Swansea, (and even Carlisle in the seventies) reaching the top flight.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
WoodsyGreen":3nos8w51 said:

the geography will always be a problem for us and if lowe doesn't get us to the prem himself I think he will be enticed away at some point.

Jun 27, 2019
mervyn":2z4an528 said:
WoodsyGreen":2z4an528 said:

Iā€™m not so pessimistic Woodsy. If you trawl through most fans websites there are regularly players at all clubs who feel they are in the wrong place at that stage in their career, and so move on. RL will be aware of this. Hasnā€™t stopped Hull, Norwich, Swansea, (and even Carlisle in the seventies) reaching the top flight.

But it keeps happening to us, Mervyn. Twice this summer alone, and that after a promotion!

We're easily big enough to reach the Prem but won't if we can't build a successful team because players can't settle in Devon.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
FWIW I don't think either Sarcevic or McFadzean would have been regular starters this coming season and maybe that, coupled with the pull of home, has influenced their decisions.

I'd have liked Faz to stay but his diving habit made it hard for me to like him.

As Ponty said earlier.... Next.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
WoodsyGreen":14gs86ib said:
mervyn":14gs86ib said:
WoodsyGreen":14gs86ib said:

But it keeps happening to us, Mervyn. Twice this summer alone, and that after a promotion!

We're easily big enough to reach the Prem but won't if we can't build a successful team because players can't settle in Devon.
it is frustrating woodsy but agreeing with mark pedlar I am not sure these lads,particularly sarce, would have been regulars,allso worth noting that jephcott,lolos,cooper and randell are all through our academy.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Geography doesn't work from us, apart from when it does.

Businesses in the South West, like Argyle, see people come, not settle and go. They also see people come and enjoy it so much that they don't move on when logically they would otherwise.

It's swings and roundabouts and we always focus on those who leave rather than those who stay and/or return.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Tony_Flags":1od04pz3 said:

Businesses in the South West, like Argyle, see people come, not settle and go. They also see people come and enjoy it so much that they don't move on when logically they would otherwise.

It's swings and roundabouts and we always focus on those who leave rather than those who stay and/or return.

I think this sums it up, we had Ryan Hardies interview yesterday with him telling us family will be coming down and they will be going up to visit. I'm sure Ryan had the same conversations as fadz did with Ryan Lowe regarding the new/young family. For Ryan Hardie that was good enough and he was able to make it work for fadz it wasnt.

I wish him all the best and thank him for the part he played in getting promoted.

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Wouldn't surprise me to see Matty Foulds announced as the next signing. Been rumoured, and with the Everton and Bury connection it seems almost inevitable, as the LWB solution. Could also play as LCB as quite tall, so plenty of room for George Cooper still ;)

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
WoodsyGreen":qzluwfbr said:
mervyn":qzluwfbr said:
WoodsyGreen":qzluwfbr said:

Bit of an over-reaction here, itā€™s not as if we are losing another Paul Mariner or a few others I could mention.

With all due respect, Sarcevic and MacFadzean are journeymen lower-League players who have left a League 2 club at the end of their contracts to return back up North for family reasons. They were both important players for us last season and I thank them for their contribution to making the season the success that it was. They did well for us.

However, if/when Argyle are once again a decent Championship club or better, attracting and keeping players will be far less of an issue.

Even working within the constraints imposed on him, Lowe and his staff have the potential to achieve at least another promotion at HP at which time, players and their agents will be less worried about their wider families, the lure of chips and gravy, Haddock instead of Cod, or whatever the attraction is in living up North.

Tony_Flags":3ez5mov7 said:

Youā€™re right Tony, many do stay. When I moved from the South East in 1983 to join my company in Exeter, I was the only non Devonian in the firm. When I retired in 2008 we were 80/85 in total, and non devonians were more than half the company. Give most South Easteners and Midlanders the chance to live and work in Devon and they would bite your hand off.

May 8, 2011
mervyn":3vqeguz3 said:
Tony_Flags":3vqeguz3 said:

Youā€™re right Tony, many do stay. When I moved from the South East in 1983 to join my company in Exeter, I was the only non Devonian in the firm. When I retired in 2008 we were 80/85 in total, and non devonians were more than half the company. Give most South Easteners and Midlanders the chance to live and work in Devon and they would bite your hand off.

I suspect most of them werenā€™t on one or two year contracts, with no guarantee of a long term career if they wanted it?