McFadzean gone (Page 15)

Sep 25, 2010
Tugboat":28r1s9ks said:
Martyn":28r1s9ks said:
[iframe][/iframe]
Pogleswoody":28r1s9ks said:
I appreciate he needs to think about family commitments but surely we need to draw a line under this. It’s a little disrespectful to the players who adhered to the timeline set down by RL in the first place.

How is it disrespectful? These are professional adults who were offered a contract and accepted it.
So, McFadz eventually signs for Doncaster does Gary Sawyer go in to see the Boss and complain that he wanted to sign for Doncaster but had already signed for Argyle? :crazy:

No, but the players had a made a choice given the time constraints made by the manager. Now all of a sudden the doors are firmly ajar for a certain player who doesn’t know quite what he wants to do.

Why should the other players have to decide within a time frame if they need not have?

Sarcevic has the front to say thanks but no thanks for XYZ reasons and made his situation clear.

Fadz hasn’t

Either he wants to move back home with his family or not. If he’s holding out for a better contract then I’m sorry, that’s disrespectful and something that we shouldn’t entertain.

Sorry but this has nothing to do with us, and in a way you are being disrespectful to him.

These are difficult times at the moment, and we do not know his personal family reasons, for taking his time. It is none of business, what if we inquired into your personal business.

We do not know if it is personal or contract, and I don’t want to know.

Would love him to stay next season,

Yeah apologises for questioning a professional footballs circumstances as a personal opinion on a football forum discussion site.

Apologies accepted, you agree it is none of your business, about his personal circumstances

Sep 25, 2010
oldage":2zwfrxve said:
I would withdraw our offer as it is now a matter of principle. Fadz and his wife have had plenty of time to discuss their future plans.

What a load of bollocks, that suggestion is.

Mar 22, 2020
I'd say he's almost certainly gone but until he either signs for another club or we sign a replacement there's no real need to make any formal announcement. If he does eventually commit to Argyle I'm sure he'll still give it his all for us on the pitch. If not I trust the manager to bring in someone as good or better. Fadz has a big decision to make, the newborn is the most important piece in the puzzle and rightly so.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Martyn":1xoii3hp said:
oldage":1xoii3hp said:
I would withdraw our offer as it is now a matter of principle. Fadz and his wife have had plenty of time to discuss their future plans.

Which part?

How about the player is holding out to see what offers are on the table?

It's our Club.
Players come and go, it's just a job to them.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Vampires11":2szqn24i said:
Its Simon Hallett's club..............
Until he decides he doesn't want in any more...

Then it'll still be the supporters club.

Owners havd been known to move on.

Jul 12, 2016
Martyn":o1rfrjse said:
oldage":o1rfrjse said:

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Jul 12, 2016
:
Ponty":cwfh67nl said:
Martyn":cwfh67nl said:
oldage":cwfh67nl said:

Which part?

How about the player is holding out to see what offers are on the table?

It's our Club.
Players come and go, it's just a job to them.
:thumbup:

D

Darren Stoneman

As I said previously what’s the rush?

We don’t know the conversations he is having with RL, we don’t know his family situation or the advice his agent is giving him, all this talk about making us look stupid is utterly tosh, nobody outside of a handful of Argyle fans are really that bothered and the idiocy is that type of comment.

If he wants to stay at Plymouth he will sign, RL obviously values the guy therefore affording him as much time as he needs or wants, this is great man management and show true values rather than a cut and shut approach to team building and leadership

If he doesn’t want to sign the RL will have other options so no worries, just wait for the excitement of a new season in L1,

Jul 12, 2016
Darren Stoneman":1p9tcpfz said:

We don’t know the conversations he is having with RL, we don’t know his family situation or the advice his agent is giving him, all this talk about making us look stupid is utterly tosh, nobody outside of a handful of Argyle fans are really that bothered and the idiocy is that type of comment.

If he wants to stay at Plymouth he will sign, RL obviously values the guy therefore affording him as much time as he needs or wants, this is great man management and show true values rather than a cut and shut approach to team building and leadership

If he doesn’t want to sign the RL will have other options so no worries, just wait for the excitement of a new season in L1,
You are missing the point. Argyle are bigger than any individual and we only want players who are 100% committed to the cause.
Even if he signs now there will be a doubt as to his motivation particularly if his form deteriorates .

Sep 25, 2010
oldage":1uxlfe9e said:
Darren Stoneman":1uxlfe9e said:

You are missing the point. Argyle are bigger than any individual and we only want players who are 100% committed to the cause.
Even if he signs now there will be a doubt as to his motivation particularly if his form deteriorates .

Of course, the club is bigger, if he signs then he is 100% committed,

I will absolute faith that he will give it his all, why shouldn’t he, as he did last year.

Give the lad a break, let him make his OWN personal decisions, as we make our own..

D

Darren Stoneman

oldage":3vb8g4ee said:
Darren Stoneman":3vb8g4ee said:

Just because he doesn’t sign when you want him to, doesn’t mean he isn’t committed, and I am sure that nobody other than you are thinking that, maybe old age has crept up on you and made you a little grumpy! he may well have already told the club his decision, maybe the club are just waiting to tease you old age, Seeing how Ryan motivates his players you can rest assured nobody thinks they are bigger than our club.

But again neither are any of the fans and moaning about a non issue just adds to an already depressing time.

Give the guy a break,

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
oldage":12kokvhf said:
:iagree:
If the Herald is correct then he is still talking, probably waiting for an offer elsewhere but not wanting to burn his bridges. Argyle should have burnt them for him at the end of June.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Argylegames":26oufj7f said:
oldage":26oufj7f said:
If the Herald is correct then he is still talking, probably waiting for an offer elsewhere but not wanting to burn his bridges. Argyle should have burnt them for him at the end of June.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Argylegames":1t76eryy said:
oldage":1t76eryy said:
This for me.