Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Andy_S":2f50yymm said:
Ponty":2f50yymm said:
Tugboat":2f50yymm said:
IJN":2f50yymm said:
He's touting himself around I reckon. As I would if I were in his position.

Then that’s a little disrespectful in my views

Yep if I was Ryan Lowe I'd withdraw the offer. If a player doesn't want to be here look for somebody who does.

Agreed Steve.

Didn't Ryan Lowe give the players 7 days to give him their decision? Surely that has now passed big time?

Yep he did. If you start giving some longer than others it can cause resentment in the squad.

It just rankles me that they play the see if I get a better offer game.

Jul 12, 2016
It's all about consistency. You cannot have one rule for Fadz and another for the rest of the team.Him and his missus have had nine months to consider their future. Time for him to get off the pot!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Lot of fuss about nothing. No football until September, no hurry.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Time for Argyle to say 'thanks and goodbye'

Then maybe he'll be struggling for a decent offer or any offer.

Dec 20, 2011
oldage":258b05mg said:
It's all about consistency. You cannot have one rule for Fadz and another for the rest of the team.Him and his missus have had nine months to consider their future. Time for him to get off the pot!
Perhaps they need another 9 months! It's trying times.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
You know when your contract ends as soon s you sign it. So you have had 12 months to think about it if you want to sign you will do. Fadz is hedging his bets, it looks like if he signs it will be because he cant get anywhere else. I am guessing Cooper isnt an option or else Lowe would say cheerio and free up his wages .I would like Fadz to sign but everyone else have because they want to not because they have to.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think we will find out tomorrow. Lowe may have said you’d be got the weekend to give me an answer.

Whatever the decision he needs to give an answer. The longer it goes on the more frustrating it seems.

Feb 8, 2005
It all depends on how much Lowe wants to keep him. He obviously does as he gave him an extension, and it depends how long he is prepared to wait for an answer.

These times are not the usual times that we are in. We don't know when the new season is going to start, so we cannot plan ahead, but I am sure that as soon as we know when the season will start then Lowe will want to get his team settled in for pre-season pretty well by then.
That is the time that he can give ultimatums. There is no harm in allowing Fadz more time now, until and as long as we don't lose any possible replacements in doing so. There is nothing to be gained in trying to force a decision until it is needed.

Aug 5, 2016
We don't even have a season start time yet. What is the rush on fans rushing Ryan Lowe to rush Caĺlum McFadzean?

Maybe Ryan Lowe assured Fadz to take his time and not rush into an 'I'm leaving' mentality?

He is possibly the one player in our squad I'd back to have no issues adjusting to League One or even a division higher. He is a class act and not worth having to replace unnecessarily if Lowe can persuade him by giving him time.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The good thing with Norris getting on the podium is that he was outside the 5s window behind Lewis. He didn’t stay put and pick up the spoils, he worked for it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":2l0fioja said:
We don't even have a season start time yet. What is the rush on fans rushing Ryan Lowe to rush Caĺlum McFadzean?

Maybe Ryan Lowe assured Fadz to take his time and not rush into an 'I'm leaving' mentality?

He is possibly the one player in our squad I'd back to have no issues adjusting to League One or even a division higher. He is a class act and not worth having to replace unnecessarily if Lowe can persuade him by giving him time.

Because Lowe is trying to establish what he needs within the team.

If he gives Fadz too much time it kind of dilutes his authority somewhat when he’s given the other players a time frame that they have all adhered too.

You can’t have too much preferential treatment whatever the situation.

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":zve9v5hp said:
Knibbsworth":zve9v5hp said:

If he gives Fadz too much time it kind of dilutes his authority somewhat when he’s given the other players a time frame that they have all adhered too.

So next week if Callum McFadzean says he wants to sign, we are meant to say no? To make a point? Then have to draw up a shortlist of available L1 level LBs who can play LWB, have to call agents, do data analysis, talk contracts, agree agents fees, and after all that very probably end up with an inferior player on the same if not more money.

D

Darren Stoneman

The guy has been out of contract for 5 days, his wife has just had a baby, is it not possible that maybe keeping certain pasoti posters happy is not his prime concern, he is a player Ryan Lowe clearly rates and thus being given the time he needs, we are at least 2 months from the start of the season and I cannot see many other clubs recruiting at the moment.

He will sign if the deal is right for him and when he is ready, if not, I am sure Ryan Lowe has a plan

Keep smiling, keep safe and keep positive

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":28bv68ri said:
Tugboat":28bv68ri said:
Knibbsworth":28bv68ri said:

So next week if Callum McFadzean says he wants to sign, we are meant to say no? To make a point? Then have to draw up a shortlist of available L1 level LBs who can play LWB, have to call agents, do data analysis, talk contracts, agree agents fees, and after all that very probably end up with an inferior player on the same if not more money.

No we don’t but how long do we keep extending the deadline for one player?

He’s had a long time to discuss and decide if Argyle is for him or not next season so there has to be a deadline.

How would you feel if you were pressured into making a difficult decision, made it and then one of your work colleagues were given more and more time? Why Fadz and not others? Why make the deadline in the first place?

If they had a real family issue or something happened recently that required time then that’s a given but he’s known he and his wife were expecting, he knew that his contract was up and he knows exactly the situation.

I’m starting to believe it’s a ‘see if I can better my deal’ delay.