Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
signalspast":1kzuhlgm said:
edengreen":1kzuhlgm said:
PlymOdi":1kzuhlgm said:
Mike Charlick":1kzuhlgm said:
Argylegames":1kzuhlgm said:
WoodsyGreen":1kzuhlgm said:
Tell that to Fadz's girlfriend and Sarce's family.
I agree with that.

However it annoys the hell out of me. It is akin to women who marry members of the RN and then moan that he's always away!

Why get tied up to a footballer or a member of the armed services without thinking that they need to move to work? It goes with the territory FFS!

What rubbish! There's no more need to move than any other job. He's out of contract, i.e. out of a job. He's free to find another job wherever he wishes. The comparison with the navy is ridiculous.

Spot on, he can either sign for us and see his kid when he can get back up north, or sign for a team closer to home and see his kid every night.
Simple choice really.

However with the amount of players out of contract this year he must have been tapped up I reckon Coughlan and Mansfield at a guess !!

How can it be classed as tapped up he is out of contract and is/was allowed to talk to other clubs since last january. It's no different than you or I looking at a different employer to suit our circumstances. He employs an agent to do what's best for him not argyle.
Some people get Gardening leave or sacked for doing similar if it's for a competitor so like I say tapped up

Aug 17, 2005
So if we sign nicky maynard have a tapped him up. The situation is the same we dont know if or when any discussions have been held only that they are both entitled to talk to interested parties since last January

Jun 27, 2019
Only if those interested parties are foreign clubs. Players in England are only allowed to talk to other English clubs if they have one month or less remaining on their contracts.

WoodsyGreen":2jzdw8rh said:
Only if those interested parties are foreign clubs. Players in England are only allowed to talk to other English clubs if they have one month or less remaining on their contracts.

Isn’t that only the case for players aged 23 and under? Over the age of 24 you can sign a pre contract in January if your deal expires at the end of June.

Jun 27, 2019
therealdsg":9ofhj7wq said:
WoodsyGreen":9ofhj7wq said:

Isn’t that only the case for players aged 23 and under? Over the age of 24 you can sign a pre contract in January if your deal expires at the end of June.

Nope. That rule applies to all players, regardless of age.

So any Scottish club, for instance, could have offered deals to Jephcott, Mayor and Sarcevic in January but no English club could.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
I agree they have a short career in football but that doesn’t mean their earning potential is limited to the ages of 18-35. They have 30 years to get another job if they wish. Now we all Probably wish to maximise our earnings in the hope of retiring early - 35 is pushing it a bit.

Players in the lower leagues do not earn mega bucks. Probably a lot of people outside of football earn more - maybe have to work slightly harder for it but that’s a different debate!

On one year deals you do wonder if the agro or upheaval and relocation is worth it for a 1k a week more somewhere. By the time you take our tax etc you are not taking about a massive take home difference.

Footballers just need to acknowledge that the majority will have to work beyond their footballing years and if they were sensible could probably earn the same or more outside of football in a ‘normal job’.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
I thought Ryan Lowe said he was giving Fadz until the end of the month....so with no news guess that he is moving on then

Jun 27, 2019
Devizes Green":19520tqp said:
I thought Ryan Lowe said he was giving Fadz until the end of the month....so with no news guess that he is moving on then

I wasn't 100% sure that he meant the end of June. He was talking about players being paid until the end of July so it's possible that was the month he was referring to.

It'd be unusual but if the season isn't starting until late September then there's no rush.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
May 8, 2011
At today’s press meeting, when talking about players, Lowe said a couple of players have decided to move on, so I’m guessing that is McFadzean or Cleal.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
HC Green":3gfk7wk1 said:
At today’s press meeting, when talking about players, Lowe said a couple of players have decided to move on, so I’m guessing that is McFadzean or Cleal.

Fadz on the move then ?...no great surprise I guess

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Devizes Green":1w94jhxw said:
HC Green":1w94jhxw said:

So why didn’t he say who if they’ve already decided?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tugboat":5gs2yd47 said:
Devizes Green":5gs2yd47 said:
HC Green":5gs2yd47 said:

So why didn’t he say who if they’ve already decided?

Well (just guessing here) maybe he doesn't want to close the door on the players staying at Home Park? :think: