Mayor and Broom | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mayor and Broom

Mar 23, 2008
Lots of discussion and back biting about these two, no doubt caused by the fact they atectwo fantastic players. Surely Lowe has to simply find a way to play both?

It does appear to be a case of one or the other which is a shame. I think because he values Camara's running power. Perhaps a clever formation tweak, with Camara and Houghton sitting with Camara license to push on and then Broom and Mayor playing off Hardie?

Mar 23, 2008
Yes something like that Cobi. Think it's a shame that it's one or the other, the debate is there because both are talented and have their virtues. We have to be careful we don't become too predictable and a freshen up sometimes is good.

Much debate re. Messrs. Mayor and Broom - why debate ?

Surely you can play both players at the same time to complement each other ?

Broom is more direct, but often circumnavigates the pitch; Mayor is more direct on one side of the pitch - but can lose the ball too easily.

Maybe, there IS room for Camara's running prowess, Broom AND Mayor's creativity plus the top strikers ?

Try it - it MAY work ?

Reactions: Deacster
Mar 23, 2008
Exactly that TinTin. Adams had the same conundrum with Carey and Lamieras and solved it fantastically well with two No.10s playing off Taylor. Can't help but feel some creative thinking is needed here also.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
For all we know they may have looked at this possibility in training & decided against it

Maybe the fact other teams have been able to stop the way we play has been the overriding issue & RL will need to use is tactical nous to work out the best way to counter that

Messing about with the team may not be the way to go but we need to be more robust & smarter with our decision making at crucial times of the game
The Saturday- Tuesday over the last 2 weeks have taken a toll on the players & maybe mental tiredness is starting to creep in
This week they have a clear week to iron out any issues the players feel they have & a FA Cup game which is probably a good game to play as the pressure of the league will be off them & hopefully that will be the game they get their collective mojo back

Reactions: BiggyGreen

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Houghton is getting man-marked out of games at the minute. And Camara needs a rest. Move Edwards inside to sit with Houghton, Broom at RWB, Mayor number 10. Hardie and Garrick upfront.

Reactions: Akos Bubacksy
Mar 23, 2013
He can’t seem to find a place for both...so Mayor has to go to fund Broom....it’s no coincidence that we had a 16 game no loss run with Broom and 3 losses when he decides to favour Mayor....it is what it is and our game play is way better with Broom starting.....fact.....Mayir is a great player I get it ...but he is not a team player.....I’d love to see him gone in January....no ..I’m not a fan.

Reactions: happydays69

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Mayor has picked up MOTM in consecutive matches and has scored our only goal of the last three games but you'd love to see him leave? That's a bit odd.

Reactions: chester
Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Some good thinking about changing the system on this thread. I'd like to see what would happen if we did try something along the lines of Cobi or Deacaster's suggestions, using Broom and Mayor around a single striker. I don't think that we need to panic though, we've not been overwhelmed in the last three matches against very good sides - although Wycombe deinitely had the measure of us. Maybe the cup match would be a great chance to experiment?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Mayor has picked up MOTM in consecutive matches and has scored our only goal of the last three games but you'd love to see him leave? That's a bit odd.
He may have been MoTM but it shows that with him we're unbalanced and it's not working.

The rest of the team have pretty much stayed the same, but we've gone from being unbeaten to losing 3 on the bounce and the only significant change was Mayor over Broom.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Our strikers aren't striking the moment, so something needs to change.

In the last three games, we have had a very good chance to score the first goal, which may have changed the pattern and therefore the result of the games. Sadly, we fluffed those chances - we lost the games.

Reactions: saxman
Mar 23, 2013
Because I would rather us win than Mayor pick up a mom award. It actually sums it up ...it’s the Danny mayor show...oooh look how good I am......on my own.

Reactions: Shoenice

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Well you could always email the gaffer with your team selection thoughts- i dont know if he would reply to it though or give your thoughts any consideration :LOL: