Mayor and Broom | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mayor and Broom

Jun 27, 2019
Camara is getting an easy ride on this thread. He was poor on Saturday and has been out of form for several weeks - even before we started losing.

If Broom was signed to play RWB then he'd have no problem covering as much ground as Camara does in that RCM role. He'd also be much more effective in possession and more of a goal threat.

We all love Pan but he shouldn't be undroppable.

Reactions: philevs and saxman
Aug 11, 2013
I could have come on for Jephcott and I’m 73 years old, diabetic and totally knackered
True. I was commenting on Broom and Mayor being on the pitch together which was being suggested as something we should try - when my point (perhaps badly made) was we had done.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
True. I was commenting on Broom and Mayor being on the pitch together which was being suggested as something we should try - when my point (perhaps badly made) was we had done.
From memory they have only been on the pitch together for a few minutes toward the end of one match. Not enough to warrant it a failed experiment anyway.

Oct 5, 2013
It’s a tough one for me ..I think mayor is the best player at the club ..I’ve never been overly bothered by his lack of goals and assists, because as has been discussed many times on here , his role in our attacking play comes just before the assist ..I think he’s brilliant at what he does and at times is a joy to watch .
Having said that , if I had to pick our strongest 11 at this moment in time , in lowes preferred system, Danny wouldn’t be in it. ..I just feel the combination of broom/ houghton/ camara works so well, as the results have proved.
So , in summary, I think mayor’s our best player but I wouldn’t be picking him at the moment…I know , makes no sense to me either
Spot on.

Reactions: arrythewurzel
Oct 5, 2013
Could Mayor play as a second striker- sitting a bit deeper but playing central ?
I'm sure he'd get more of the ball and defenders are scared to tackle the bloke because of his quick feet. Or he could slip in the likes of Hardie with a clever pass.
I love to see this tried out.
Yep, me too. Starting this Sunday v Rochdale!

Sep 6, 2006
Could Mayor play as a second striker- sitting a bit deeper but playing central ?
I'm sure he'd get more of the ball and defenders are scared to tackle the bloke because of his quick feet. Or he could slip in the likes of Hardie with a clever pass.
I love to see this tried out.
Mayor as striker? With his goalscoring record?!

Reactions: arrythewurzel

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Well the suggestion was for Mayor to play just behind the main striker to get hold of the ball, use his footwork and put the main striker in.

Playing the role that Jephcott is doing at the moment.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Lowe has come out and said that he’ll not be altering his formation to accommodate Mayor and Broom in the same team.

I’m wondering whether this is a tactic to keep Brooms value low if Lowe can show that Broom isn’t a guaranteed starter…?