Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Nice joke but he now has 3 assists in 54 appearances at L1 level.

But how many times has he slipped Grant in to make the assist for instance.

Reactions: Doyley43
Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Well, all those on here, who donā€™t rate Mayor, will end up driving him away. Look at Match Day Moments from last nights match. Why else would Mayor, give 700 loyal fans who travelled to last nights match, the V sign, after Grant scored. He obviously reads this site or other Social media.

Reactions: chester
Mar 23, 2013
I just get sick of people slagging off one of our best players. In my opinion most are just like sheep šŸ‘ and have no idea what they are talking about. When DM puts in a great shift they all go quiet! Your posts bore me if Iā€™m honest and itā€™s so easy to make my point with a few words and I donā€™t have to justify my comments to you. I hope you enjoyed the second half
So obnoxious.....I actually thought this was a platform for our own opinions....I didn't realise we all had to agree with you.

Mar 23, 2013
Well, all those on here, who donā€™t rate Mayor, will end up driving him away. Look at Match Day Moments from last nights match. Why else would Mayor, give 700 loyal fans who travelled to last nights match, the V sign, after Grant scored. He obviously reads this site or other Social media.
If it comes to driving him away...I'd happily drive him to Preston in January.

Aug 8, 2014
Really hope SS plays the obvious solution 3-1-4-1-1, mayor suited to the free role behind the workhorse that is ennis. Broom and Pan doing what they do in CM. Jephcott, garrick and hardie excellent game changers off the bench. We keep the ball extremely well and this formation inbraces this

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
If it comes to driving him away...I'd happily drive him to Preston in January.
Really? The most naturally gifted player we have and the one in the best current form - and you want to drive him away?

Oh ...... and he didn't do a V-sign at all at MKD towards our fans - quite the opposite. Superficially it may look like that but watch it closely. The hand starts open as the arm goes up then three fingers are curled and it's the index and thumb left open as it comes down. Who does a V-sign with index finger and thumb? It makes far more sense that it's an aggressive 'COME ON!' yell with a sharp upward gesture as in "crank it up!". It also makes no sense why he would have that attitude barely a fortnight after half of HP were singing "We've got Mayor! Danny Mayor!" ........(presumably not you though?)

Doyley43

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
People are allowed to criticise Mayor if they want. I always try to justify my comments. 3 assists in 53 appearances at L1 level. I don't think it's good enough. Do you? I haven't seen you come back with anything. But apparently I am the sheep. My posts bore you? You need to have a read of your own. You never actually say anything.

And finally, I've praised Mayor on occasion when I felt he deserved it. But you ignore that don't you? Absolute doughnut you are. Clearly some overhyped 14 year old.
He made the goal against MK but didnā€™t get the assist - you just donā€™t get it do you? šŸ¤£

Aug 15, 2015
He made the goal against MK but didnā€™t get the assist - you just donā€™t get it do you? šŸ¤£
So where do we draw the line? Do we start giving credit to the players who make the pass to the assister? The pass to the pass to the pass to the assister? I suppose somewhere along the line Dan Scarr is the biggest maker of goals in our team by your logic. Please enlighten me.

Doyley43

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
So where do we draw the line? Do we start giving credit to the players who make the pass to the assister? The pass to the pass to the pass to the assister? I suppose somewhere along the line Dan Scarr is the biggest maker of goals in our team by your logic. Please enlighten me
So where do we draw the line? Do we start giving credit to the players who make the pass to the assister? The pass to the pass to the pass to the assister? I suppose somewhere along the line Dan Scarr is the biggest maker of goals in our team by your logic. Please enlighten me.
OMG I give up, maybe someone else will enlighten you and will explain who made the goal.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth

We could start by giving credit to a player whenever heā€™s doing a good job. Just because someone hasnā€™t got assists awarded to him doesnā€™t mean that he isnā€™t doing his job, yet that is how black and white people see it.

Mar 24, 2019
We could start by giving credit to a player whenever heā€™s doing a good job. Just because someone hasnā€™t got assists awarded to him doesnā€™t mean that he isnā€™t doing his job, yet that is how black and white people see it.
Just watch the goal again ..mayor wonā€™t be credited with an assist, but 90% of that goal was down to his brilliance..stats can be misleading

Aug 15, 2015

Correct, but as per my post earlier, given Mayor's position, role in the team, number of starts, positions he takes up on the field, opportunities he has and so on, he should be doing better.

Quite honestly, it really doesn't matter how many times he passes left to Grant, who then crosses it in for a goal. That's happened many times, and more often than not all Mayor did was slide it wide for Grant to whip it in. Nothing special about that.

His contribution to the goal against MK was a little more in that he side-stepped one man and actually was the main part in the move.

But given all the info I have said at the top, he realistically should be hitting better numbers than he does. He's not there to protect the defence or win last ditch challenges. He's there to damage the opposition and last season he was our 'go to' man. This season we have Broom as well. But last season he was 'the man', and he didn't damage the opposition anywhere near enough.

If your definition of a good job is asking a professional footballer to pass the ball 5 yards wide to Grant who then claims 5-7 assists from that, then you have very low standards of Danny Mayor. Unless I'm mistaken, he's also by some distance our highest paid player. I expect a lot more.

Reactions: oldage