matt macey | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

matt macey

Mar 16, 2009
London
You know this or are you just going by some rumour that you’ve read?

Also, maybe I spoke with a Luton fan about Maceys time there rather than using Google. You shouldn’t judge the way other people gather info by the methods you use.

It's really really obvious you just google stuff. Otherwise why use such a deliberate stat? The mythical Luton fan gave you that did they?

And quite how 4 clean sheets in 13 appearances proves anything either way is anybody's guess.

Hibs will get a fee for Macey - and he'll be going to a club with forward momentum at the top of the Championship to play for a manager that admires him, and has worked with him in the past. Regardless of which he's played over 40 matches for HIbs this past season and generally stood out as a quality keeper.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2008
It's really really obvious you just google stuff. Otherwise why use such a deliberate stat? The mythical Luton fan gave you that did they?

And quite how 4 clean sheets in 13 appearances proves anything either way is anybody's guess.

Hibs will get a fee for Macey - and he'll be going to a club with forward momentum at the top of the Championship to play for a manager that admires him, and has worked with him in the past. Regardless of which he's played over 40 matches for HIbs this past season and generally stood out as a quality keeper.
What do you have to back up your claim that, 'he enjoyed a successful loan spell with Luton.'.

Of the 13 games he played, the opposing teams scored against him in 9 of those games. My mythical Luton friend couldn't remember the number of goals he conceded so I would have to google that info. Clean sheets is one of the main stats that is held against a goalkeeper. If you think thats 'successful' then you must have very low standards.

What am I saying...we know this already as you think Macey is a quality keeper. My bad 🤦‍♂️

Mar 16, 2009
London
What do you have to back up your claim that, 'he enjoyed a successful loan spell with Luton.'.

Of the 13 games he played, the opposing teams scored against him in 9 of those games. My mythical Luton friend couldn't remember the number of goals he conceded so I would have to google that info. Clean sheets is one of the main stats that is held against a goalkeeper. If you think thats 'successful' then you must have very low standards.

What am I saying...we know this already as you think Macey is a quality keeper. My bad 🤦‍♂️

Just had a quick Google of Liverpool’s last 13 matches in all competitions.

(Yep, way too much time on my hands today.)

Anyway, 5 clean sheets in 13.

Does that tell you anything about Alisson (generally considered to be the best keeper in the World currently)?

Of course not.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Another way of looking at it is that an arguably decent manager, Lee Johnson, that has just arrived at Hibs is actually willing to let Macey go when he's only half way through his Contract :unsure:

I'm willing to bet that Macey wont go to Luton... like you, I agree that Jones has an eye for a decent player.

Looks like you lost your bet.

Sep 6, 2006

So you judge a keeper by clean sheets do you? Not the saves he makes. And clean sheets is nothing to do with the defence of course.

Reactions: Bwb1989 and Justin

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
So you judge a keeper by clean sheets do you? Not the saves he makes. And clean sheets is nothing to do with the defence of course.
That’s right. How many games have a team scored 2 or 3 but could have had a rugby score if the keeper didn’t play a blinder?

A keeper is part of the defence as a whole. A great keeper is unlikely to get many clean sheets if the rest of the defence is poor, on the flip side, a good defence is also likely to leak goals with a dodgy keeper.

The long and the short of it is that the defence as a whole, including keeper, can be measured by clean sheets, but not necessarily parts of that defence.

Reactions: Justin

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
In what was poor season for Argyle, with Macey as bad as anyone else, I saw him make some remarkable saves in a 0-0 draw against Luton at home, even though he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. That said he had shipped 5 at Luton (4 before the interval) some months before, after having already conceded another 5, at home to Peterborough and, on one of the other occasions I saw him, let in another 5 on that dreadful day at Accrington. (I note each time that Argyle did not completely throw the towel in - on each occasion they scored their one in either the 89th or 90th minutes. In the case of the goal at Accrington, I was already on the train home!!):confused: