Mason to Cardiff? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mason to Cardiff?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
monkeywrench":nvm0njbg said:
Well the simple fact is, if Joe doesn't want to go, he doesnt have to as he's under contract.
There's nothing to say he couldn't be emotionally blackmailed though.

He's a Plymouth boy, and in theory, what's to stop BG or PR from telling him to leave or his local club may go bust.

C

ccfcfan

victor":2rwjestc said:
Oh deep joy!

Is the dropping of the Court case against the Riddler part of the deal for Mason?

Court case is brought by Trading standards... so no.

M

MylesPAFC

jimbo_the_green":1wzsklrp said:
monkeywrench":1wzsklrp said:
Well the simple fact is, if Joe doesn't want to go, he doesnt have to as he's under contract.

it's not that simple though is it? unfortunately

You cannot force a player to leave the club, if he does not want to leave then he can stay put if he wants. He will leave for Cardiff if given the opportunity though I reckon, he would be silly to stay if Cardiff came in for him.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
jimbo_the_green":3qlrypsp said:
monkeywrench":3qlrypsp said:

it's not that simple though is it? unfortunately

Well, actually it is.

But anyway, I'm sure he'll go to Cardiff, if indeed he HAS had a medical. They're in the Championship and reasonably close to home.

Good luck to the lad, if he goes

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
GreenSam":18j0n6r5 said:
monkeywrench":18j0n6r5 said:
There's nothing to say he couldn't be emotionally blackmailed though.

He's a Plymouth boy, and in theory, what's to stop BG or PR from telling him to leave or his local club may go bust.

Quite, but that wasn't the point I was making.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I fudging hate argyle at the moment. Had the guts completey ripped out.

Were on a life support machine at the minute and these fudgers are still searching through out pockets for the last few quid.

Good luck to Joe if he goes, shame your current employers are complete idiots.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tis the Directors of his recent past employer who want shooting. I exclude Mr Dennerly in his terminal illness of course but the rest of them, if they tap in to PASOTI and read how the successful developed youth of Argyle [tomorrows stars] have been ripped out of the club to cover their created debt and closed season running costs together with Administration expenses, then they should hang their heads in shame. It is a very sad day for this Club if these 2 further home produced lads go and Peter Reid is obliged to rely on free, discarded youths from other League Clubs throughout the country in an effort to put a side on the pitch.

If Peter Reid produces a competitive side in this next season that actually gets to even challenge for promotion, then he should be offered the Freedom of Plymouth.

Nov 3, 2006
Aren't we still in administration? If yes then surely we have no choice should an offer come in?

C

charlee

Worst thing to have happened concerning player sales for me.

Great guy, great potential and wow we need a player like him :(

Wish him all the luck, but i am very dissapointed :(

VERY BAD MOVE !

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Quintrell_Green":1l1s4yss said:
Tis the Directors of his recent past employer who want shooting. I exclude Mr Dennerly in his terminal illness of course but the rest of them, if they tap in to PASOTI and read how the successful developed youth of Argyle [tomorrows stars] have been ripped out of the club to cover their created debt and closed season running costs together with Administration expenses, then they should hang their heads in shame. It is a very sad day for this Club if these 2 further home produced lads go and Peter Reid is obliged to rely on free, discarded youths from other League Clubs throughout the country in an effort to put a side on the pitch.

If Peter Reid produces a competitive side in this next season that actually gets to even challenge for promotion, then he should be offered the Freedom of Plymouth.

Nelson isn't home produced, we picked him up from stoke I think.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
monkeywrench":3snk0ry3 said:
Quintrell_Green":3snk0ry3 said:

Nelson isn't home produced, we picked him up from stoke I think.

Yes, for a short period until he was kicked out, and Pej in his great wisdom, knew the lad from Stoke connections and brought him to Plymouth,where he was coached in the apprentices and advanced to the fine level he now demonstrates. He is more 'home produced' than Potter produced for sure. A lot of the kids who get apprenticeships, are not necessarily born within city limits of Plymouth in the first place, so 'home' does present unusual meanings.