Masks at Home Park | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Masks at Home Park

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Prior to Freedom day as it was dubbed if you questioned why people were not abiding to social distancing or wearing a face mask (if not exempt) you would get a gob full of abuse- its as if people have checked out , people have got bored of the way COVID has impacted on their day to day life. Living with COVID is now the new normal & no doubt some people will have the opinion it will not happen to me, it will not effect me & i will carry on with my life without any restrictions or thoughts for the people around me

Reactions: David Doidge

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Went out for dinner today with the family.

we were the first in so had a good window table. The next 2 tables filled were either side of us with only a metre at best separation.

Very poor decision by the restaurant IMO.
Same situation over here , we went to a restaurant last week, it was the first time we had gone to this restaurant, bit of background most restaurants here in Ottawa do not allow indoor service so rely on patios. Anyway we asked for a table for 2, the hostess took us to a table that was about 2 feet away from a table occupied by 4 people, we told her that was not acceptable as it was too close to the other table but there were at least 2 other tables that were vacant and self distanced we said we would take one of those, the hostess said i cant give you those tables as they are for 4 people and you are 2 people, there was no one waiting, we said your choice those tables or we leave she said goodbye, we sent a email to complain they never replied, we have since heard from other people that this restaurant runs by their rules not the cities rules.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Prior to Freedom day as it was dubbed if you questioned why people were not abiding to social distancing or wearing a face mask (if not exempt) you would get a gob full of abuse- its as if people have checked out , people have got bored of the way COVID has impacted on their day to day life. Living with COVID is now the new normal & no doubt some people will have the opinion it will not happen to me, it will not effect me & i will carry on with my life without any restrictions or thoughts for the people around me
Very true Mutley. We Kiwis are in a very fortunate position. No Covid-19 in New Zealand, other than Managed Isolation. We have the odd "scare" which is invariably an Australian who decides to bunk the rules, or as of late, Russian and other Eastern European fishermen and South Pacific seamen. 2 ships are now in total lockdown with a total of 30 odd crew infected. They will not be allowed ashore. Our vaccination programme is utter 5h!te! Couldn't organise a pi55 up in a brewery! But, no masks or social distancing and life is effectively back to normal.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I do worry for NZ and Aus Andy. If this delta variant takes hold over there it will go through you guys like wildfire.

Admire what's been done so far, but from what I'm reading there's a certain amount of smugness over there. Vaccinate, vaccinate and then vaccinate some more. All of us over here have been so impressed so far, but as I say IF this bugger lands, you'll be decimated quickly.

Sep 6, 2006
Very true Mutley. We Kiwis are in a very fortunate position. No Covid-19 in New Zealand, other than Managed Isolation. We have the odd "scare" which is invariably an Australian who decides to bunk the rules, or as of late, Russian and other Eastern European fishermen and South Pacific seamen. 2 ships are now in total lockdown with a total of 30 odd crew infected. They will not be allowed ashore. Our vaccination programme is utter 5h!te! Couldn't organise a pi55 up in a brewery! But, no masks or social distancing and life is effectively back to normal.
You are not 'living' with Covid there though are you?. Living without Covid! You go into lockdown if cases go in to double figures.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Precisely this argument is being played out up and down the country in a million places, ever since the Government made the wearing of masks non-mandatory and left it up to individual commercial entities and/or individuals to choose whether to wear/not wear.

It was obvious this would happen. Maybe that was the intent?
Divide & rule. Oldest trick in the book.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I do worry for NZ and Aus Andy. If this delta variant takes hold over there it will go through you guys like wildfire.

Admire what's been done so far, but from what I'm reading there's a certain amount of smugness over there. Vaccinate, vaccinate and then vaccinate some more. All of us over here have been so impressed so far, but as I say IF this bugger lands, you'll be decimated quickly.
That is also my worry Ian. Jean and I are both jabbed up but the vaccination process is unbelievably slow.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
You are not 'living' with Covid there though are you?. Living without Covid! You go into lockdown if cases go in to double figures.
We don't have Covid-19 in the community Balham. We have the Delta variant but it is contained in Managed Isolation. Every single case we have, has been brought in by arrivals at the airports. The ships I mentioned are self contained quarantine vessels, no-one is allowed ashore. If it gets out and we go back into lockdown, so be it.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I won’t be wearing one but will give those that do space. Just out of interest, how many people are wearing masks with membrane in? Because if you’re not and you’re worried about it I’d recommend investing in one.

The logic is wrong here.

To reduce your chance of picking up infection it would be in your interest to give people who are not wearing masks space as they are the ones that are most likely to pass infection on to you (since masks are designed to stop the spread of droplets from the wearer). In this respect you are safer getting closer to mask wearers than to non-mask wearers.

To reduce the chance of you transmitting infection it is in everyone else's interest that you wear a mask in a crowded space and give everyone space as much as possible.

EVERYONE benefits when masks are worn. If people want to get back to something resembling normal as quickly as possible then mask wearing and social distancing should be maintained in enclosed areas. I understand the arguments for opening things up but really, a sensible policy would have been to open up whilst maintaining mask wearing and social distancing as a first step and then to relax those measures at a later date.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
You’re right, NZ is not living with covid. The reason they are not living with covid is because it’s been managed firmly. If NZ had managed it the way that we have, it would have ripped through the country.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We don't have Covid-19 in the community Balham. We have the Delta variant but it is contained in Managed Isolation. Every single case we have, has been brought in by arrivals at the airports. The ships I mentioned are self contained quarantine vessels, no-one is allowed ashore. If it gets out and we go back into lockdown, s
Just shows how COVID is being managed in a different country

Removed by Site Admin - This is a football website NOT Private Eye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Just shows how COVID is being managed in a different country

All political phrases have been removed by Site Admin.

Difficult to compare the UK with Kiwiland, to be honest. NZ is over 4,000 miles from its closest neighbours (about 5 hours flying time), whereby we're 30 miles from France. We're an international hub for air travel: New Zealand isn't. Their entire population is about half of that of London.

NZ going into isolation is relatively easy for them compared to us. But they can't stay like that forever: they'll have to start opening up at some point ... and then we can see how well prepared they are for larger outbreaks of Covid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Guiri Green
May 16, 2016
Difficult to compare the UK with Kiwiland, to be honest. NZ is over 4,000 miles from its closest neighbours (about 5 hours flying time), whereby we're 30 miles from France. We're an international hub for air travel: New Zealand isn't. Their entire population is about half of that of London.

NZ going into isolation is relatively easy for them compared to us. But they can't stay like that forever: they'll have to start opening up at some point ... and then we can see how well prepared they are for larger outbreaks of Covid.
Agree, I've long said that despite their (relatively easy by comparison) initial response and ability to keep covid out, they've effectively painted themselves into a corner.

Although the rest of the world has struggled, we've basically learnt the hard way how to live with and manage covid. NZ will need to remain on high alert and fear it for much longer than we will. We're already able to travel relatively freely and administer ourselves should we come into contact with a positive case despite the numbers involved.

Sep 6, 2006

Its not 4000 miles!

Reactions: Andy S