Masks at Home Park | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Masks at Home Park

Feb 24, 2008
I thought the same on Tuesday. I didn't particular appreciate being searched by a maskless steward about a foot away from me either in entry. Seemed a completely unnecessary risk for a friendly game
Steward's with no masks or gloves asked to search/ pat me down me on Tuesday night, I said no chance, I gave the same reply when he said about searching my lads bag. (Although he was in the process of saying if you don't want me to I wont) And we had masks on.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steward's with no masks or gloves asked to search/ pat me down me on Tuesday night, I said no chance, I gave the same reply when he said about searching my lads bag. (Although he was in the process of saying if you don't want me to I wont) And we had masks on.
This is security?? I want to pat you down but I don't have to? I need to search your bag but I won't do it if you don't want me to??
Somebody has got something seriously wrong here.
As for looking in my wallet?? WTF??!!??

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The security person at the turnstiles is right in your personal space when using the scanner wand around your body and it's totally wrong for a male security member to use the scanner wand on female fans and then to scan up and down the inside of a female fans legs.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Nov 14, 2003

You do realise that the Plymouth infection rate is very high at 930 cases per 100k population?

You do realise that people are being hospitalised again in Plymouth with Covid and it‘s a lower age demographic this time?

I’d suggest to the posters above that if they don’t want to wear a mask in the concourse areas that perhaps they don’t go to football. After all, that’s your choice.

As for the nonsense about dictatorship, do me a favour. You need a passport to travel abroad, vaccinations against malaria and other diseases to go to certain countries. If you don‘t like the impact on your freedom, don’t go. It’s your choice.

I work in a hospital. I am at greater risk of catching Covid than most despite vaccinations and face masks. I wear a mask so I don’t breathe Covid on you inadvertently if I was asymptomatic, it’s not a great hardship is it?

If not wearing a mask only impacted you, I’d have no issue. That’s your choice like smoking or doing drugs. When it impacts on me and others, I think I have a right to challenge behaviour.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Can’t understand why the club is being so lax about mask. You only need to read the views of some of the posters on here to realise a minority of fans are not bothered about protecting fellow supporters.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Disappointing if some fans are not following reasonable requests to wear masks in concourse, etc. as to security carrying out searches not wearing them, that is unacceptable in my opinion and something the Club should act on.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

You do realise that the Plymouth infection rate is very high at 930 cases per 100k population?

You do realise that people are being hospitalised again in Plymouth with Covid and it‘s a lower age demographic this time?

I’d suggest to the posters above that if they don’t want to wear a mask in the concourse areas that perhaps they don’t go to football. After all, that’s your choice.

As for the nonsense about dictatorship, do me a favour. You need a passport to travel abroad, vaccinations against malaria and other diseases to go to certain countries. If you don‘t like the impact on your freedom, don’t go. It’s your choice.

I work in a hospital. I am at greater risk of catching Covid than most despite vaccinations and face masks. I wear a mask so I don’t breathe Covid on you inadvertently if I was asymptomatic, it’s not a great hardship is it?

If not wearing a mask only impacted you, I’d have no issue. That’s your choice like smoking or doing drugs. When it impacts on me and others, I think I have a right to challenge behaviour.

You said “I’d suggest to the posters above that if they don’t want to wear a mask in the concourse areas that perhaps they don’t go to football. After all, that’s your choice.”
But it’s their choice not to wear one and go to football, why don’t you choose not to go football? End of day it’s down to personal choice to wear one or not etc. After all this could all be avoided if they club said face masks are to be worn in the concourse and removed once you are at your seat.

Reactions: Chip green

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
You said “I’d suggest to the posters above that if they don’t want to wear a mask in the concourse areas that perhaps they don’t go to football. After all, that’s your choice.”
But it’s their choice not to wear one and go to football, why don’t you choose not to go football? End of day it’s down to personal choice to wear one or not etc. After all this could all be avoided if they club said face masks are to be worn in the concourse and removed once you are at your seat.
The Club requested that supporters follow that 'rule'.
So you are saying your dedication to personal choice allows to you to ignore a request from the Club but if the Club says you must wear a mask (based on what legality?) in the concourse then that would supercede your personal choice?
Also your personal choice not to wear a mask in the concourse 'trumps' my personal choice to wear one?
I should stay at home and let you breathe the virus ridden air of freedom?? Hurrah!!

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Forgot the rule on masks has been dropped in England. Means the security staff are not required to wear one when searching etc.. however Argyle have requested that fans wear one in the concourse area making it a term of condition on entry..

Still wearing them in Scotland n will do for a few more weeks .. if they prevent 50% of transmission then it's better than none.
I still struggle with those with breathing difficulties not wearing a mask... rather wear one than get a virus that will potentially add to breathing problems.

Also think that more people should self test as well...

Jul 14, 2008
Forgot the rule on masks has been dropped in England. Means the security staff are not required to wear one when searching etc.. however Argyle have requested that fans wear one in the concourse area making it a term of condition on entry..

Still wearing them in Scotland n will do for a few more weeks .. if they prevent 50% of transmission then it's better than none.
I still struggle with those with breathing difficulties not wearing a mask... rather wear one than get a virus that will potentially add to breathing problems.

Also think that more people should self test as well...
I feel like a broken record but I’m sorry where does the stat come from that cloth face coverings prevent 50% of transmission?

Reactions: Chip green

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I feel like a broken record but I’m sorry where does the stat come from that cloth face coverings prevent 50% of transmission?
It’s not 50%. The conditions of your environment can make the chances higher/lower.

However the point I’m trying to get across is that it doesn’t matter if wearing a mask limits your chances of getting Covid by 1% or 100%, as long it lessens the chance 🤷🏻‍♂️