Masks at Home Park | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Masks at Home Park

Kevin Gollop

šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
It's very disappointing to see that the majority of fans at both friendlies at Home Park have ignored the Club's request that masks are worn when walking beneath the stands.
I thought the same on Tuesday. I didn't particular appreciate being searched by a maskless steward about a foot away from me either in entry. Seemed a completely unnecessary risk for a friendly game

• Angry
Reactions: David Doidge
Mar 14, 2009
It's very disappointing to see that the majority of fans at both friendlies at Home Park have ignored the Club's request that masks are worn when walking beneath the stands.

What Will happen is come October / November we will have high cases of Covid-19 and flu. Nobody will know what they have. So people will be putting pressure back on the NHS.

Due to people just thinking Covid-19 is over the attitude is letā€™s not worry about being in enclosed areas with people. Yet they will be the first to moan when we get locked out of HP due to soaring infection rates.

The lack of understanding and just empathy about how they could help others is beyond me.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
If youā€™re that bothered/worried about what other fans choose to do, should you really be attending?

In a few weeks time Home Park is going to be packed. Masks or not itā€™s the chances of picking covid up are going to be significantly higher than the last 18 months.

No doubt Iā€™m going to be accused of being selfish or whatever but you canā€™t choose to put yourself in an area of greater risk and then moan about other fans that are choosing to do something different you. If I was that worried I wouldnā€™t want to risk it?

For what itā€™s worth, mask wearing has never bothered me. Iā€™m not for or against it.

Sep 25, 2010
If youā€™re that bothered/worried about what other fans choose to do, should you really be attending?

In a few weeks time Home Park is going to be packed. Masks or not itā€™s the chances of picking covid up are going to be significantly higher than the last 18 months.

No doubt Iā€™m going to be accused of being selfish or whatever but you canā€™t choose to put yourself in an area of greater risk and then moan about other fans that are choosing to do something different you. If I was that worried I wouldnā€™t want to risk it?

For what itā€™s worth, mask wearing has never bothered me. Iā€™m not for or against it.
You really, really miss the point.

If HP is going to packed in a few weeks, then you really want to mask up now, or YOU will probably miss out. Because masks really do prevent the spread, plus of course vaccines.

So yes you are selfish, if you donā€™t wear on, and basically totally naive.

Mask wearing SHOULD bother you, as it is a protection. Have you noticed that recently, the people getting Covid now, are mostly unvaccinated, and ending up in hospital.

You should be encouraging people to mask up in crowded areas.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
I wore a mask through the turnstiles last night and on Tuesday. They obviously help stop the spread but my point is this is peopleā€™s choice now. If youā€™re that worried to moan about what other people are doing then a football stadium isnā€™t the place for you regardless of mask wearing. You canā€™t have your cake and eat it in the current situation.

I should have worded my post better when I said I wasnā€™t bothered because I knew I was going to come across as anti mask. Iā€™m not. Iā€™ve still been wearing one in shops etc.

Reactions: Ray61
Sep 25, 2010
I wore a mask through the turnstiles last night and on Tuesday. They obviously help stop the spread but my point is this is peopleā€™s choice now. If youā€™re that worried to moan about what other people are doing then a football stadium isnā€™t the place for you regardless of mask wearing. You canā€™t have your cake and eat it in the current situation.

I should have worded my post better when I said I wasnā€™t bothered because I knew I was going to come across as anti mask. Iā€™m not. Iā€™ve still been wearing one in shops etc.
Look, the point is, everybody wants full stadia, then wearing one in crowded areas, is essential.

Removed by Site Admin (pack it up), has made ā€˜anotherā€™ , error by not making it compulsory for wearing masks in crowded areas. Because the rates will increase, then we will be back to say, capacity of 25%, 30%, etc.

People canā€™t have there cake and it eat, (your phrase), by NOT wearing a mask, and full stadia. Little mask wearing will result in smaller crowds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Jul 14, 2008
Look, the point is, everybody wants full stadia, then wearing one in crowded areas, is essential.

************ has made ā€˜anotherā€™ , error by not making it compulsory for wearing masks in crowded areas. Because the rates will increase, then we will be back to say, capacity of 25%, 30%, etc.

People canā€™t have there cake and it eat, (your phrase), by NOT wearing a mask, and full stadia. Little mask wearing will result in smaller crowds.
Even though Iā€™m continuing to wear a mask, and will do so in the concourse at HP, I think you are seriously overplaying the value of cloth face coverings in preventing infections. That said, people should wear them in crowded indoor places like concourses as a marginal benefit is better than none.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 8, 2014
I wonā€™t be wearing one but will give those that do space. Just out of interest, how many people are wearing masks with membrane in? Because if youā€™re not and youā€™re worried about it Iā€™d recommend investing in one.

Reactions: Ray61

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth

I have the same view about apathy.:unsure:

May 17, 2012

Agree Sam. It was joyous to be back yesterday - balmy evening , no pressure football , opposition fansā€¦and no masks to be seen. IF you are really worried about this, then the most rational thing is to not attend football matches, the beach, festivals, etc etc ... a version of COVID will always be around, there will be no post eradication period so this is the new normal. As with other things in life, evaluate the risk, and make your own decision but donā€™t throw insults at people who have a different view on risk to you.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Even though Iā€™m continuing to wear a mask, and will do so in the concourse at HP, I think you are seriously overplaying the value of cloth face coverings in preventing infections. That said, people should wear them in crowded indoor places like concourses as a marginal benefit is better than none.

Attachments

• 27975D02-8077-4AB3-AF16-BCF3CB45A983.jpeg
    27975D02-8077-4AB3-AF16-BCF3CB45A983.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 20