Masks at Home Park | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Masks at Home Park

Apr 8, 2014
Lateral flow tests are not 99.9% accurate. More like 70%. I know people who have had them taken and came back negative when a PCR test came back positive.
Even when I was in Guys hospital a couple of weeks ago the nurses there all stated they were not accurate and they did PCR tests instead.
Take that up with the NHS.

“Research shows rapid tests are 99.9% accurate. This means the chance of getting a false-positive result (where the result shows as positive but is actually negative) is extremely low.”

Sep 13, 2003
Take that up with the NHS.

“Research shows rapid tests are 99.9% accurate. This means the chance of getting a false-positive result (where the result shows as positive but is actually negative) is extremely low.”

See what you have done there is just Googled Lateral Flow tests and just quoted the first page you have seen. Even that article quotes 99.9% chance of not getting a false-positive. That doesn't mean it is 99.9% accurate overall.

LFT kits were used during the Euros, I know loads of people who were negative on the LFT test but were positive on the PCR.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Both types of kits will never be accurate, sticking a stick down the back of your throat and shoving it up a nostril is never pleasant and takes practice as well as getting used to. If someone was going to a Euros game (for instance) they could easily falsify the results