Marlon King | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Marlon King

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Some names mentioned on here had a one-off, albeit tragic, episode, for which they have and will serve their time for. King however, has an appaling criminal history and and seems like a complete tool.

Aug 22, 2006
SJDpilgrim":1oqe1d1x said:
He's a Craig Bellamy, Nicolas Anelka type character: in the short term he may bag you a few goals but the season after they'll be gone leaving you a hole in your wallet

Really? Bellamy and Anelka are actually fairly decent characters. Craig's a bit of a joker and has been involved in some silly incidents in the past but you can't compare his character to King - not even in the slightest. Craig also does a lot of charity work, and not just from afar, he actually gets involved. If you are talking about the number of clubs they have played for then fair enough.

Aug 22, 2006
Neilio":qtejhpzd said:
Some names mentioned on here had a one-off, albeit tragic, episode, for which they have and will serve their time for. King however, has an appaling criminal history and and seems like a complete tool.

The thing is (and you are spot on with your post) King will get a club and apart from the odd shout of abuse nothing will happen until he next gets into trouble. As for our ex player - I think Pete H you are underestimating what may happen. Whilst no one is questioning characters and that you cannot really compare the unbearable King to LM, I'm not so sure he can play footie again without getting into serious conflict with a fan who might want to make his point (ironically this fan will probably be in the mould of King's character.) The obvious reason is the awful outcome of one very bad mistake (or a combination of wrong decisions - which ever way you want to look at it), the other is that a lot of people won't like the fact he is out in such a short space of time. Finally he isn't an outfield player.

MAZZA26":354tkf3o said:
Neilio":354tkf3o said:

The thing is (and you are spot on with your post) King will get a club and apart from the odd shout of abuse nothing will happen until he next gets into trouble. As for our ex player - I think Pete H you are underestimating what may happen. Whilst no one is questioning characters and that you cannot really compare the unbearable King to LM, I'm not so sure he can play footie again without getting into serious conflict with a fan who might want to make his point (ironically this fan will probably be in the mould of King's character.) The obvious reason is the awful outcome of one very bad mistake (or a combination of wrong decisions - which ever way you want to look at it), the other is that a lot of people won't like the fact he is out in such a short space of time. Finally he isn't an outfield player.

As much as I would love to see LM return to football, i am under the impression that he has no interest in doing so in a proffesional capacity.

Feb 29, 2008
pontypoolgreen":37h2ruyk said:
Daiz":37h2ruyk said:
so what are your feelings on Ebanks Blake and some other players we highly think of then? Our players are not all rosey

So which of our players has 14 convictions then??, Seip has had a couple of incidents but at least they are against men and not women.

E-Banks?? I thought he'd gone?? Also his problem was with a doorMAN.

I think you'll find they are called doorpersons :)

N

NorfolkGreen

Marlon King is an odious man, he has a history of violent abuse, unpleasant and thinks he has been hard done by, even though his crimes are consistent and similar in their nature.

He hasn't made one mistake, his history is littered with violence against women, however would a plumber or plasterer be able to return to their profession, after serving their tariff?

Dave Stoneman

♣️ SWAG Member
May 26, 2009
Ystrad Mynach
NorfolkGreen":1bdfux7u said:
Marlon King is an odious man, he has a history of violent abuse, unpleasant and thinks he has been hard done by, even though his crimes are consistent and similar in their nature.

He hasn't made one mistake, his history is littered with violence against women, however would a plumber or plasterer be able to return to their profession, after serving their tariff?

Yes. But I think the question is whether we as Argyle supporters would want to see King in our team and the answer seems to be no.

Mar 23, 2008
Plympton
Pete H":16qmkcwo said:
IJN":16qmkcwo said:
Foul, vile man who has had enough chances.

What the hell is the matter with football, the man's scum.

I thought the same with Lee Hughes, but he got a club in a short space of time and no doubt the same will happen to Luke McCormick when his time is served.
Pete

Marlon King has had several convictions and still hasn't learnt his lesson. Mccormick's case is completely different, and most probably will learn from his mistake and be as good as gold. Marlon king has had far too many chances and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a football pitch. This is when football is a joke. Im sure he could quite easily be banned from ever playing football again but no he'll just carry on thinking he can get away with what he's done he'll think i've got away with it before i can do it again and im sure he will get a club and continue to earn lots of money. He's a pathetic waste of space, who no way deserves to play football. All the young lads who aspire to be footballers are supposed to look up to the proffessionals like marlon king, if they look up to him then god help them.

May 7, 2010
Plymouth
If Marlon King could get us 20 goals this season and be one of the lowest payed players in the league would you take him? Hmmm....

May 22, 2006
GoodFella":3fcwp037 said:
If Marlon King could get us 20 goals this season and be one of the lowest payed players in the league would you take him?

I'd rather finish mid-table than rely on people like that for success.

He's had his chances, he'll probably get more. But we don't need that sort of publicity so soon after McCormick.

C

carlos

Am sure that no oppostition fans will forget or let him off the hook, but regardless he has had his punishment and paid for his crime.

One of the huge problems last season was where was the goals going to come from,

Yes we are heavy with strikers, but quantity over quality.

I like Mason and feel he needs to develop and be supported in his development, but alot to ask of a young man, although could argue that age doesn't matter, ie. Rooney, Owen, etc.

But again this season we need some experience, a strong target man and allow others to then join in support, although we still need the service to our frontment/man.

So yes I would take him, would add some quality.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
He isn't a guaranteed performer though. In his career he has only ever performed at 2 of his 8 clubs.

14 in 53 at Barnet.
40 in 101 at Gillingham.
10 in 50 at Forest.
0 in 9 for Leeds.
36 in 81 for Watford.
1 in 18 for Wigan.
5 in 20 for Hull.
2 in 13 for Middlesbrough.

He's hardly a world beater is he? Just a woman beater.