Manager window? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Manager window?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
What’s in a job title?

“Hey you Mr manager of Plymouth Argyle, we can’t appoint you as our new manager because of this new transfer window regulation but you could join our coaching team as the lead coach which comes with the same responsibilities that you have at Home Park. What’s more, the salary is double what you are currently earning.”

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
There are all these hypothetical ways around such a mandate but I'm sure in setting one up the football authorities could cover such eventualities in the layout.

Manager, Head Coach, whatever the job description all equate to the same thing and if the regulation was such that another club couldn't poach them even to go to their club even originally as head tea maker then they couldn't approach them full stop.

The only way around it would be for a manager or head coach to resign from their current position but even then like someone else said, if the regulation stated that someone could only manage one club in the same league season it would be pointless anyway.

We could go on and on with the hypotheticals and I'm sure the same arguments existed when the player transfer window was first muted but, it happened and it works relatively well.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Seeing most of this crap we find ourselves in was caused by Schumacher leaving us, got me thinking if we could apply the same windows to managers?

It would create a very interesting situation with clubs like Stoke, Watford, Birmingham as examples wouldn't it?
Might be better if Managers contracts were binding until the end of a season, i.e. can't leave and can't be sacked.

Jan 13, 2017
How about putting clause in contract with a 'transfer fee' should another club want their services......it may work and would stop this 'i love it here, but if an offer came in" scenario. May be a test of their real commitment to the job

Nov 7, 2023
Seeing most of this crap we find ourselves in was caused by Schumacher leaving us, got me thinking if we could apply the same windows to managers?

It would create a very interesting situation with clubs like Stoke, Watford, Birmingham as examples wouldn't it?
No🤦🏻‍♂️

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
How about putting clause in contract with a 'transfer fee' should another club want their services......it may work and would stop this 'i love it here, but if an offer came in" scenario. May be a test of their real commitment to the job
Compensation for the remainder of a manager’s contract is normally negotiated these days which is all that a transfer fee for a player is these days.