Manager sacking season well underway | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Manager sacking season well underway

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Apparently they don't want Big Sam or David Moyes there which I thought was refreshing, hopefully a young English manager is given a chance but I'll believe it when I see it!

Aug 14, 2014
Hughes was appointed to stave off relegation which happened due to Swansea's wretched form rather than his efforts. The big mistake was to extend his contract which myself and some other supporters felt would result in a season long relegation battle.
Big Sam will save us from relegation with his dour and un-inspiring brand of football, which is marginally preferable to relegation. Moyes track record is not good in the relegation field, more of a dropper into the zone than one who rises out. Any other contenders? Adams is not on the rise like Sturrock was!! 'Arry boy please no.
£6M pay off, what could the lower league due to improve facilities and coaching programmes with such sums wasted accross the Pemiership--still people like me go along and contribute financially to the mess.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Southampton Hake":16o0sdbv said:
Hughes was appointed to stave off relegation which happened due to Swansea's wretched form rather than his efforts. The big mistake was to extend his contract which myself and some other supporters felt would result in a season long relegation battle.
Big Sam will save us from relegation with his dour and un-inspiring brand of football, which is marginally preferable to relegation. Moyes track record is not good in the relegation field, more of a dropper into the zone than one who rises out. Any other contenders? Adams is not on the rise like Sturrock was!! 'Arry boy please no.
£6M pay off, what could the lower league due to improve facilities and coaching programmes with such sums wasted accross the Pemiership--still people like me go along and contribute financially to the mess.

Do you think the squad is good enough to survive with the right manager in charge? Or would 17th be a successful season now?

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Brussels Bureaucrat":3o10arvl said:
Southampton Hake":3o10arvl said:

Do you think the squad is good enough to survive with the right manager in charge? Or would 17th be a successful season now?

The interesting thing for Saints is that over the last 10 years they've always had a big star to sell off for huge money to spend on the rest of the squad, they arguably have no-one now and to my knowledge, no-one coming through.

Aug 14, 2014
I think the squad is good enough to survive in competition with perhaps three other clubs for 18th position. The purchase of a mobile proven goalscorer would help, the team needs confidence and motivation delivered by proven manager.
Lamina, Oriel Romero and Bertrand are worth £50m however they are key to survival in my opinion.
The production line seems to have stalled, but as club officials have rightly stated the competition for youngsters and their ultimate success is against sourced Worldwide youngsters and then breaking into a first team of mature talent from the same. British talent is responding to the challenge and the future looks bright, what Saints can contribute remains to be seen but the foundations are still solid.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
The Doctor":3vx5buqu said:
Mark Hughes has been sacked at Southampton after 8 months. I NEVER understood why they appointed him in the first place.

Exactly, but I suppose they felt there was financial merit in not having to pay out compensation to another club whose manager they were pinching. He was a fine striker both in this country and abroad in his day, but I felt his managerial sparkle had long since waned. He will get another appointment, But I doubt whether it will be at Premiership level. Still, with £6M less tax, I doubt whether he would be too fussed.