• Welcome to PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by GA Solicitors and Lang & Potter.

Main entrance (merged threads)

Jun 5, 2010
Is the main entrance nearly finished? Doesn't look like the one in the designs. Also why haven't they started on the seating lower tier while we have good weather? Apparently bad weather for next week

Keepitgreen

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PennyX":qhgzxhho said:
Is the main entrance nearly finished? Doesn't look like the one in the designs. Also why haven't they started on the seating lower tier while we have good weather? Apparently bad weather for next week
The stone cladding on the entrance will be started early next week.
The seat installers spent last weekend drilling holes for the seats on the terrace and still have some to do. Then you'll see the seats go in at a phenomenal rate. I was quoted about 400 a day. :shock:
Don't know about the facade.

tonsk

50/50 Sponsor
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Keepitgreen":2mdo9d9z said:
PennyX":2mdo9d9z said:
The seat installers spent last weekend drilling holes for the seats on the terrace and still have some to do. Then you'll see the seats go in at a phenomenal rate. I was quoted about 400 a day. :shock:

That's more than I earn in a week!! :shock:

:coat:

tonsk

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
tonsk":32566cbq said:
Keepitgreen":32566cbq said:
PennyX":32566cbq said:
The seat installers spent last weekend drilling holes for the seats on the terrace and still have some to do. Then you'll see the seats go in at a phenomenal rate. I was quoted about 400 a day.

That's more than I earn in a week!! :shock:

:coat:

tonsk

Nothing to crow about!! The main Seat factory in Spain knocks out 2,100 a day and they do more than three colours!! :clap:

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
I would love to have the club crest etched into the glass on the front doors at the main entrance.

Also the block paving leading up to the main doors would also look nice to have the club crest inlaid into the paving.

:scarf:

Jul 12, 2016
daront":spgpe77n said:
I would love to have the club crest etched into the glass on the front doors at the main entrance.

Also the block paving leading up to the main doors would also look nice to have the club crest inlaid into the paving.

All nice to have rather than essential. Cosmetic changes do nothing to improve the football.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
oldage":2qz83ed1 said:
daront":2qz83ed1 said:

All nice to have rather than essential. Cosmetic changes do nothing to improve the football.

Its about presentation, professionalism and first impressions for future players and investors

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
daront":1itza0gb said:
Its about presentation, professionalism and first impressions for future players and investors

Totally. It’s the little touches that make somewhere look as if it’s a premium facility and... relevant to attracting players and staff... ‘going places.’

Thankfully Simon Hallett agrees, as he specifically mentioned Andrew Parkinson’s attention to detail and those little touches at Anfield, that he was so impressed by when we played Liverpool.

Jul 12, 2016
Biggs":ka188s6b said:
daront":ka188s6b said:

Totally. It’s the little touches that make somewhere look as if it’s a premium facility and... relevant to attracting players and staff... ‘going places.’

Thankfully Simon Hallett agrees, as he specifically mentioned Andrew Parkinson’s attention to detail and those little touches at Anfield, that he was so impressed by when we played Liverpool.
We are a second division club with a mid table team. Lets concentrate on the more important aspects of running a club like the players! Little touches can wait until we have achieved something.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Believe it or not, different people at the club have different jobs.

I suspect the person managing the football team isn’t also in charge of the interior design.

Jul 29, 2006
Cornwall
I see the angle of the pipe brining the water above the main entrance is allowing the water to flow over the top and not all down the pipe. I hope a member of the building staff are watching.

Jul 12, 2016
Biggs":3tn4newj said:
Believe it or not, different people at the club have different jobs.

I suspect the person managing the football team isn’t also in charge of the interior design.

But all expenses come out of the same pot.

justanotherfan

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PennyX":b0x8h4rd said:

Just looked at the 3D drawings on the PCC site and it looks much the same to me.

Jul 6, 2005
oldage":7pvlurto said:
Biggs":7pvlurto said:
daront":7pvlurto said:

We are a second division club with a mid table team. Lets concentrate on the more important aspects of running a club like the players! Little touches can wait until we have achieved something.
“Little touches” as you describe them, will not add any significant cost or time to the project but they may significantly improve the overall visual impression of the Ground and reinforce our identity. They are features which you will see at virtually all Premiership and Championship stadiums.

Such”little touches” off the field will have absolutely no effect on matters on the field, but that’s because there's no correlation between them.

Kevin Gollop

Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Taken from Twitter, looks good. Tweet says shop itself is next:

EF4yXoHXkAAhR10.jpg