Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Dec 3, 2005
It's called maximising profits and the club will need it if we stay in the Championship!
And when it goes all wrong and the Club slide back down the league, those life-long supporters who feel ostracised from the Club, will they come back? After the glory hunter so called supporters, jump ship?
A Club any Club needs to have a strong backbone of life-time supporters.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Surely these seats will only generate an additional income in the five figures too? Itā€™s a drop in the ocean really.

The plan is to earn Ā£1,000,000 a year from the Far Post Club (GT Building to us legacy fans).

Oct 5, 2022
The plan is to earn Ā£1,000,000 a year from the Far Post Club (GT Building to us legacy fans).
Quick question, I see the term legacy fan being used quite a bit on this site and was wondering what the criteria is to be considered as a "legacy fan" ?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
Quick question, I see the term legacy fan being used quite a bit on this site and was wondering what the criteria is to be considered as a "legacy fan" ?
Itā€™s only Ian that uses it. šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ll let him explain why.

Graham Clark

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Itā€™s only Ian that uses it. šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ll let him explain why.
The term ā€˜legacy fanā€™ was coined during the promotion of 12 club European Super League promotion. Traditional fans became legacy fans as the obscene creation chased ā€˜fans of the futureā€™ for financial growth and exclusivity. The term is surely a candidate for the Pasoti ā€˜swearcheckā€™.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah I use it a lot, it's a sort of pee take out of people who think football only started when it was hijacked by the suits.

Wherever I sit (there's the first thing that's wrong ;)) I do so with a smug smile on my face, knowing what I've done, seen and enjoyed in previous years of following this great sport. There's quite a few on here that get what I mean.

GreenTom

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Dec 20, 2022
We were allocated a bunch of seats in the Upper Mayflower, these had to be turned down as this was the view from one of the seats :sneaky:

1714380281303.png

A new batch of seats have been found and we've been offered a drink and food voucher plus a one match "gold pass" to the new thatchers bar (to be booked in advance, category b games only) :sneaky:

Jul 12, 2016
And when it goes all wrong and the Club slide back down the league, those life-long supporters who feel ostracised from the Club, will they come back? After the glory hunter so called supporters, jump ship?
A Club any Club needs to have a strong backbone of life-time supporters.
Agreed . Not a good idea to treat any customers with contempt.