Lowe | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lowe

Sep 6, 2006
I’m a big Mike Cooper fan but I think he’s been poor over the last few, he could have saved at least 3 of those goals we’ve conceded. His confidence has dipped along with most others.
At least 3. What are you talking about? Perhaps he should save everything. First one today and 1st v Wycombe could have done better

Aug 15, 2015
A Villa supporting mate of mine went to the Wycombe game and I was asking his opinions on our team.
Camara, could be excellent if he could pass, shoot and had even a half decent first touch (my thoughts too)
Houghton, steady Eddie.
Broom, did nothing for him.
Mayor, got him excited and the one player on the pitch who stood out with any real quality, just a pity his shots were off target.

As an aside, the first time he had ever seen Wycombe or heard anything about their style of play. He said 5 words. "What a horrible little team.
What and because he supports Villa his opinion is gold? Strange.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Top of the league and 16 unbeaten then you drop your best player to bring in your m8 what do you expect to happen !!
Bring on his mate! Sorry that a stupid comment in my opinion. Luckily he know better than me or you and I trust what he does. Maybe he should drop our best player that’s been MOM the last two games?

Aug 15, 2015
Then most of the rest were about 4 then
You're probably about right. Doesn't mean Mayor was fantastic though. He was slightly above average vs Wycombe and a bit better today. Saying that, apart from the goal he did nothing in the 1st half. As the previous poster said, MOTM accolade really counts for little and Mayor was certainly not fantastic.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth

Obviously not, but as an opinion independent from being an Argyle supporter, it has some merit.

Reactions: arrythewurzel
Aug 15, 2015
Obviously not, but as an opinion independent from being an Argyle supporter, it has some merit.
I don't see how it has merit. Certainly a fresh pair of eyes, but I don't see how some random geezer's opinion has some merit just because he supports another club.

Dec 8, 2019
Ok I'll reword it for you. A person who has no interest in league 1 football other than taking his young lad to see a live game offered me his thoughts on our team.
I value his opinion, because he plays and coaches, but also travels a dozen times a season to watch them. He's a better judge of a player's ability than I am and as someone else said, that's how a neutral is seeing our players

Aug 15, 2015
Like your argument?
Well I have seen these Argyle players play many times so yes, I think it has more value than what some random geezer from the Midlands thinks about us after one game. You've bigged him up as well. Is he chief scout for Villa?

Dec 8, 2019
Well I have seen these Argyle players play many times so yes, I think it has more value than what some random geezer from the Midlands thinks about us after one game. You've bigged him up as well. Is he chief scout for Villa?
I must have missed the post with your valuable analysis of our players. Apologies.

Are you just upset that someone who doesn't support the club has now been to 2 matches this week and put a bit of money into the club? Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned who he supports so that I didn't trigger your sensitive nature

Nov 10, 2010
Whole place was nervy today.
A real Lack of atmosphere from the crowd didn’t help and sets in nerves.
mayor was stand out player, the issue mayor has is that Lowe said before he came that he’ll be better than Carey. Lowe should never have had this and mayor wouldn’t have half the pressure on him he does.
Mayor was superb today and the game Tuesday easily beating players for fun, running at them and drawing in other players allowing others to be free.
If he could add more goals and assists he wouldn’t be in league 1 with Plymouth Argyle. He’d be far to good for this league. Same as Camara if he could pass a ball consistently at a reasonable standard he wouldn’t be near league 1.
Broom is also a good player, all these players that have played for us don’t become bad over a period of three games.

we were never going to win every game this season and we’re always going to lose some games. Coincidentally the three loses come in a very hard run of games, away at a packed out a charlton, home to a team that looks to make the crowd nervy at home and use that against them and a team that have a very good squad and team however I thought we were the better team today.

personally for me it all comes down to a complete lack of confidence from all our players at the moment. No players we have are bad as they’ve all proven their worth and ability !

I’m sure I’ll get a bit of abuse for this but the players needed the fans today to support and sing but unfortunately the atmosphere was non existent today. Never thought it was a sell out game between two teams trying to get out of league 1.

we can’t win every game and we will go threw a bad patch however we have a good squad and a squad is needed to get out of this division especially when Christmas comes and we have a busy schedule the quality we have in depth will be needed.
COYGs

Aug 8, 2014
Exactly. Mayor was one of our best olayers in both games but he was about a 6.5 against Wycombe and a 7 today. But some people love to get carried away.
Bigger picture we've totally changed our style of play, unfortunately when Danny losses position potentially 2 or 3 players are out of position. As this team are mostly offensively minded then Broom workrate and link up plays serves the team better. Broom and whilst we are it Garrick shouldn't have been dropped

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Whole place was nervy today.
A real Lack of atmosphere from the crowd didn’t help and sets in nerves.
mayor was stand out player, the issue mayor has is that Lowe said before he came that he’ll be better than Carey. Lowe should never have had this and mayor wouldn’t have half the pressure on him he does.
Mayor was superb today and the game Tuesday easily beating players for fun, running at them and drawing in other players allowing others to be free.
If he could add more goals and assists he wouldn’t be in league 1 with Plymouth Argyle. He’d be far to good for this league. Same as Camara if he could pass a ball consistently at a reasonable standard he wouldn’t be near league 1.
Broom is also a good player, all these players that have played for us don’t become bad over a period of three games.

we were never going to win every game this season and we’re always going to lose some games. Coincidentally the three loses come in a very hard run of games, away at a packed out a charlton, home to a team that looks to make the crowd nervy at home and use that against them and a team that have a very good squad and team however I thought we were the better team today.

personally for me it all comes down to a complete lack of confidence from all our players at the moment. No players we have are bad as they’ve all proven their worth and ability !

I’m sure I’ll get a bit of abuse for this but the players needed the fans today to support and sing but unfortunately the atmosphere was non existent today. Never thought it was a sell out game between two teams trying to get out of league 1.

we can’t win every game and we will go threw a bad patch however we have a good squad and a squad is needed to get out of this division especially when Christmas comes and we have a busy schedule the quality we have in depth will be needed.
COYGs
Great post.