Feb 24, 2007
#facepalm

Reactions: Ponty

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bringing Broom on cost us at least a point so the opening post is frankly quite laughable, but the Broom fanatics are strong here

Reactions: chester

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Bringing Broom on cost us at least a point so the opening post is frankly quite laughable, but the Broom fanatics are strong here
Amazing considering Broom is not even our player - one loan signing who has divided opinions amongst the fan base

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Mayor was by far our best player today and on Tuesday if that is who you’re referring to.
Totally correct. The guy next to us knew it too when he went off, despite the mass chorus of Broooooommmmm for a guy who then gave possession back to Wigan easily 3 times

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Bringing Broom on did not cost us a point ffs Mayor had an excellent game but appeared to be injured. What cost us is the collective loss of confidence or form of Cooper Scarr Hardie and Camara over the last three games. Agard and Jephcott aren’t fit for purpose but I would guess/hope Lowe knows that now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
As is your love for Mayor.

Fwiw, in hindsight bringing Broom on was a mistake but we don’t know if Mayor had an injury and tbh bringing broom on to inject some energy into CM. It didn’t work this time but that doesn’t make Broom a bad player: Nor does one or two good performances make Mayor a banker for the next start.

When I saw Broom coming on for Mayor, at the time I thought it was the right thing to do.

Hell, we could be sat here on another day with a Broom sub getting us a winning goal.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but this bashing over the head crap is just that, crap.

Reactions: Ironman and rsp4
Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
Mayor fans can breath a sigh of relief that he finally put in a performance worthy of the hype. To suggest that bringing Broom on cost us “at leat a point”is pathetic. We didn’t get over the line today but it can’t be down to Broom. As I’ve said elsewhere, our midfield, whether it be Mayor, Camara or Broom is not the issue in my opinion. Our front line just isn’t Championship standard.

The debate can rumble on about Mayor and Broom but it’s a smoke screen for the front line who seem to avoid real criticism.

Sep 6, 2006
Frankly, the debate over Mayor and Broom, which I only engage in because of the ott and, obviously confused 'Broom is better than Mayor' gang, obfuscates a real problem which is the complete lack of goals from Camara from the attacking centre mid position
Not just Camara though is it? It can be very difficult to get to the pace of a game coming on for 20 minutes to be fair to Broom.