Lowe - "We're overachieving ............... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lowe - "We're overachieving ...............

Feb 8, 2005
.......now"

"We have a 5 year plan to be a sustainable club in the Championship, but it's not desperate to get there this season, or next season. If we could get anywhere close it would be a massive achievement."

Lowe Interview with Sky

Reactions: David Doidge
Oct 19, 2021
We are doing brilliantly so far. In terms of overachieving, I’m not sure we will ever have a top 6 budget in this league, so if we do go up in the next few years in accordance with the 5 year plan, then we would have had to of overachieved in order to do it.

Reactions: Hargyle

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think he is correct to say we are over achieving currently with the budget we have. Quite possibly the club had ideas of finishing things like floodlight improvements, other ground improvements, academy and training ground improvements before the big push for promotion but if the opportunity is there sooner we have to go for it, you can't pick and choose when to get promoted.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
100% agreeable

Nobody expected us to be where we are today and shouldn’t be any expectations of staying there.

Let’s allow the pressure to build on the big hitters of the league and merrily go about our business with freedom and enjoyment.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Open & honest piece from RL- when our new signings walked through the door did RL have a thought at the back of his mind that these players along with the players that re-signed would become a cohesive bunch of warriors , interchangable within a short space of time & looking like a team that have been playing together for years

We are the dark horses, we have surprised everyone due to our well known defensive frailties of last season & the fact that we have been able to address this in a short space of time just by signing quality defenders that have been there, seen it, done it has made the other teams in the league take notice

Yes we do not have the budget to match the so called big hitters - but what we lack in money we make up in passion, desire, commitment & an never say die attitude that has carried us through the marvellous unbeaten run we are currently on

RL is a realist & no doubt all the conversations he has with the players is only on one game at a time & not to get carried away

He is right to say we are currently over achieving - what the boys are currently doing on the pitch has exceeded the expectations of everyone of a green persuasion - will this last who knows but we have certainly put the so called big boys on notice - they now have to come out & show there so called promotion credentials & therefore the pressure is on them

We will just carry on doing our thing & see where the journey takes us

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Well, we're seventh in the League One attendance chart so we are overachieving but not by much.
Our budget is much lower compared to other teams than our ranking is for attendances tho.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Well, we're seventh in the League One attendance chart so we are overachieving but not by much.

Gate receipts mean very little in the modern game. Fleetwood have a far bigger budget than Bradford for example. Bournemouth have a far bigger budget than Wednesday, etc etc.

Our budget doesn’t rank 12th or higher.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2013
Like what RL has said, takes all pressure off the players - who no doubt will still fancy getting promoted.

Reactions: MartinH

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Almost every manager likes to point out now and again how well they are doing with the budget they've been given. To Ryan Lowe's credit he is very clear that he is happy to work within the agreed budget. I think that if one or more players become available in January that could boost Argyle's promotion chances this season money will be made available to him.

Apr 30, 2011
Over achieving suggests that the team are performing above their ability. Who has surprised us with how good they have been? For me

Broom - I didn't think he would be good enough to push Mayor or Pan out of the team but he has definitely shown that he is equally as effective as either of them.

Connor Grant - I've always seen a player there but often looked lost in centre midfield, or he was injured.

Galloway - He has stayed fit and shown real class in his play. Lowe has protected him a bit by rotation with Gillesphie. I feared he may end up another Baxter.

Hardie - Has been inconsistent throughout his career, I didnt see him scoring so many so quickly. The biggest surprise is that him and Jephcott have started so many games with Ennis out injured for so long.

Scarr - Came from a struggling lower league team where he was not highly thought of by the fans, I didn't anticipate him being first choice but looks really comfortable at this level and the system.

Any others who have over achieved or surprised you?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Over achieving suggests that the team are performing above their ability. Who has surprised us with how good they have been? For me

Broom - I didn't think he would be good enough to push Mayor or Pan out of the team but he has definitely shown that he is equally as effective as either of them.

Connor Grant - I've always seen a player there but often looked lost in centre midfield, or he was injured.

Galloway - He has stayed fit and shown real class in his play. Lowe has protected him a bit by rotation with Gillesphie. I feared he may end up another Baxter.

Hardie - Has been inconsistent throughout his career, I didnt see him scoring so many so quickly. The biggest surprise is that him and Jephcott have started so many games with Ennis out injured for so long.

Scarr - Came from a struggling lower league team where he was not highly thought of by the fans, I didn't anticipate him being first choice but looks really comfortable at this level and the system.

Any others who have over achieved or surprised you?
Mike Cooper. Surprised how much he has developed in a short period. The confidence from last season MC to this season is incredible in comparison