Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
In Argyles case I don't think it shirts v pitch colour that is the issue (shirt green is significantly different from/darker than grass green) but, rather, darkness/dullness of shirts against the generally dark/dull colours surrounding the pitch.

Nope, it’s imperative that we wear shirts the exact same shade as the stadium seats and branding. The mass confusion and catastrophic branding mismatch, would hugely outweigh any benefit to players seeing each other more clearly or people who like the colour green.

😏 😛

Jun 27, 2019
Amazing how we managed to win two league titles 20 years ago wearing dark green. I can only assume those players were put on a diet of carrots to improve their vision.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Remind me, what was the colour of the away kits then? ;)

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
we had a dark navy away kit.. i wore it on my return from the South Atlantic in 2001(always wore Argyle on RAF flights) and there was tangergreen around then too.

Dec 3, 2005
Amazing how we managed to win two league titles 20 years ago wearing dark green. I can only assume those players were put on a diet of carrots to improve their vision.
Only wore the dark green for half the season though ;)

May 17, 2012
Did you see the jablonec kit when they played Celtic? Would love to see that as an argyle kit 👌