• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Loss of a True Green (Keef)

May 4, 2006
It is with regret to tell those who knew him that Keith Newham(keef) died this morning . Keef was Argyle through and through. He held strong opinions but would follow Argyle forever.Stood and sat with at many grounds throughout the country in all weathers.We will miss him in the Devonport End.

May 22, 2006
Remember him at Sunderland when we lost 5-1, he just wouldn't stop chanting and his enthusiasm was infectious.

Great man. RIP.

May 4, 2006
The depth of support Keith gave to the club is shown by the fact he renewed his season ticket knowing that he was unlikely to see the end of the season. One of the best in the true traditions of the history of Argyle supporters.

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
RIP Keef

A big loss & a true green up their with the likes of Noddy as 'superfans'

All our thoughts with your family at this difficult time

Keep on cheering us on from the big terrace in the sky

:mrgreen:

Sep 13, 2003
I think I first knew Keef around 1984 when we moved back to Plymouth and started using the official travel club. Losing him has brought tears to my eyes today even though I haven't spoken to him for years! As others have said a part of our strange little community who will be greatly missed!

Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
I travelled with Keef on many, many occasions to watch Argyle from Carlisle to Cornwall including THE day out at Wembley. His last game was the on Tuesday 21st September 2010 at home to Brighton. He took his usual seat right in front of me in the Devonport End and I gently teased him about being a glory hunting part timer as he had missed the previous game (Sheff. Wed) through illness. He took this in his usual good humour (he would have it no other way!) and then reminisced about all the good times we had traveling with the Green Army. Earlier this year Lisa Thorne, another great friend of mine and who sat next but one to me also died, it's getting lonely in that corner of the Devonport End right now and it will be a bit quieter up there.

RIP Keith I will miss you terribly, you were a true green and a true friend, my thoughts go out to Jan and your family at this sad time.

A truly great friend..will miss Keef terribly, glad I got to see him last Thursday..he's got the best seats in the finest Grandstand now with the other departed Greens.

Fond memories of the banter we had on here which people thought we meant!! could never say a word in anger to a good buddy!

Much love and condolences to Jan and family/friends :(

RIP Keef :(

Numb

smudja

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
T.O Support
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
First met Keef when I was involved with The Guzzler and had many a far post pasty with him. Used to drive up from Cornwall and park in his drive when he lived in Milehouse. He would write for The Guzzler and sell it all over the country, along with Brum.

move up here to Scotland and saw him at away games, where he's make the effort to bring me up Hogs Pudding and pastys... bless ya Keef. Personal reasons my side meant I lost touch with a true green, a very sad day.

R.I.P Keef and chin up Jan, thinking of you and the fond memories you have given me and mine.

A

Anonymous

Keith and I fist met each other in 1961 at Stoke Dameral junior school and then we went on to Tamar together.

A true green and someone I have known for over 40 year

R.I.P mate, you are now away from all the pain.

:(