Limits on headers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Limits on headers

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It's a Friday morning training session, you're a CB, a ball comes in, your instincts tell you to get up and challenge, but wait, no, you suddenly remember you've had your 10 headers this week so you duck it instead. Let's be honest, this just isn't going to work in practice.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I don´t think we would have reached our quota of headers last season in games. Perhaps our players knew this was coming down the line !

Sep 6, 2006
It's a Friday morning training session, you're a CB, a ball comes in, your instincts tell you to get up and challenge, but wait, no, you suddenly remember you've had your 10 headers this week so you duck it instead. Let's be honest, this just isn't going to work in practice.
What do you suggest then?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
If heading the ball is dangerous, then maybe a complete ban should be imposed. I think it would only work to have an all or nothing approach and a quota is unworkable.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
If heading the ball is dangerous, then maybe a complete ban should be imposed. I think it would only work to have an all or nothing approach and a quota is unworkable.
Corners would be interesting if heading by both attackers and defenders wasn't allowed. Do you go with the short corner or put it in the mixer and see what happens?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth

I recognise this may be a controversial view but for me heading a ball is just one of the risks that comes with playing football. Better education is needed 100% to inform players of the risk, but most sports carry an element of physical risk. You wouldn’t tell a boxer to stop punching.

Sep 6, 2006
I recognise this may be a controversial view but for me heading a ball is just one of the risks that comes with playing football. Better education is needed 100% to inform players of the risk, but most sports carry an element of physical risk. You wouldn’t tell a boxer to stop punching.
I don't get it. How would better education resolve the problem. Makes no sense.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The only thing that you can do with the information is to decide if football is for you or not. You cannot have some players who will head the ball and others who won’t.

Sep 6, 2006
The only thing that you can do with the information is to decide if football is for you or not. You cannot have some players who will head the ball and others who won’t.
So the authorities don't take responsibility and the players put their future health at risk is what you are advocating.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
So the authorities don't take responsibility and the players put their future health at risk is what you are advocating.
What I’m saying is that they either have to act and ban heading completely, or carry on and allow it as having a limited number of headers will not work.

What do you think about it as you seem to be disagreeing with everyone. Do you think there should be a blanket ban on heading, a heading ‘quota’ or carry on as we are?

Sep 6, 2006
What I’m saying is that they either have to act and ban heading completely, or carry on and allow it as having a limited number of headers will not work.

What do you think about it as you seem to be disagreeing with everyone. Do you think there should be a blanket ban on heading, a heading ‘quota’ or carry on as we are?
Head protection is the solution. Not sure how long it will take for the penny to drop.