Library (atmosphere at friendlies) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Library (atmosphere at friendlies)

C

Cult Of Personality

There were friendlys... A chance to see the team before the start of the season but they are nothing games. You dont win anything winning a friendly

When points are back on the line and its an official match then i will cheer and join in with chants but for a friendly . Never

Sep 6, 2006
Topped full of beer. Saw a few of them coming in to the stadium 15 mins before kick off and they were having trouble walking in a straight line. thought the kids in the upper mayflower made a lot of noise. BTW, Argo, did you start up some singing from where you were?
I have to admit to getting a little vocal when Coops saved the penalty and we broke down the other end to nearly score through Hardie.
That was the bit where Argyle tv were showing the action replay of the save! Which numpty is responsible for that?

Aug 13, 2009
I find friendlies tedious affairs with no atmosphere, (like a friendly!) I begrudge paying to watch players generally just going through the motions trying to get their match fitness up. I gave up going years ago after coming away from them saying to myself "what was the point of that."
Good for a social but no more than that.

Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
Away fans sometimes out-sing a home crowd in league games, let alone friendlies. Plus we aren't talking about Harrogate Town here, they were established Championship/ex premier league teams.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I find friendlies tedious affairs with no atmosphere, (like a friendly!) I begrudge paying to watch players generally just going through the motions trying to get their match fitness up. I gave up going years ago after coming away from them saying to myself "what was the point of that."
Good for a social but no more than that.
Looking at your pseudonym, I would guess you enjoyed a ‘friendly’ in 1973, or
was that the game that you said to yourself “what was the point of that?”?

Reactions: kernow19